Does anyone know of someone with schizophrenia who got kicked off disability benefits due to medical improvement?

If u are still with a cpn and you still struggle and can get them to write a supporting statement u might be OK. We can still get pip even if working, as long as life is affected

Their supporting statements make a lot of difference

1 Like

I got kicked off pip cos I came off my meds and sent them an update of how Iā€™m feeling somewhat better. Itā€™s so annoying cos they cut it off but then I relapsed n got worse again

The quality of supporting statements can vary widely . Mine for PIP just consisted of "He has x diagnosis and itā€™s likely to be permanent "

1 Like

I didnā€™t realise they could be so basic
Mine was more detailed than that

^ The quality of mental health professionals varies . The ones I had in Essex wouldā€™ve averaged 2-3/10 .

1 Like

Never attended a medical in nearly 20 Years. I just gave the paperwork to my Social Worker and let him deal with it. Got a Clinical Letter sent to the DWP as well. Got put in the support catagory for PIP / ESA.

As far as i know they wont bother me again - whether i improve or not.

Theres no damn way im capable for work - im just glad i had the CMHT fighting my corner.

Thanks for the advice @anon90843118. My life still is affected and I only work part time hours. I am with a CPN and an employment support person and have a psychiatrist and have just had some psychological therapies.

1 Like

In the USA it is very difficult for SSA to kick someone off of disability for a diagnoses like this once they have already been approved. Not unless they go work too much or go to school full time. Then they can get kicked off.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.