Does anyone else’s meds wear off around the time you’re due for the next dose/shot (whichever form you take)?

Do they wear off for you around the time you’re due?

Mine sure do! I can barely stand it. Nighttime is awful. I get so pop outta my skin anxious. I get obsessive foreign thoughts jammed into my mind by the pharmacy in a continuous controlled loop. And so on!!

If anyone knows any ways to combat “med wear off syndrome,” please do share!

1 Like

I get the 8 week strength of Aristada injection every six weeks, because both the Aristada and, in the past, Abilify Maintena do not last as long in me as they should.

Not mine. I can go a long time on reduced or no meds without much ill affect, but it eventually catches up to me.

I went over a year on reduced meds before it got me last time. It wasnt worth it though as it took me months to recover again.

i split up my meds over the day to prevent it. I split up my clozapine dosages to 4 times a day. It helps i think.

I use Invega which is extended release. I think the dose in the blood remains relatively stable.

I also use Wellbutrin XR.

I think that is the way to go.

1 Like

Me too. I’m on the max dose of Invega Trinza and Bupropion. I take 300mg of Bupropion XL in the morning and 150mg for f Bupropion SR at noon. They’re keeping me stable.

1 Like

Yeah, I get out of sorts around 4 days before my shot. I get depressed and slightly paranoid.

I was on the invega monthly injection. On the fourth week I’d take a low dose of the pill. That’s how my doctor set it up. It definitely wore off early though.

Take a prn. That’s what I do. It helps me get by