Do you take multiple antipsychotics?

I take Latuda and Risperdal injections. Also Risperidone pills. I think it’s a good combo. I’m afraid of the weight gain of the Risperdal. My pdoc asked me if I wanted to switch and I said no. I just have no clue what I’d switch to. The Risperidone pills have really been helping me throughout the day get over negative thoughts. It’s a perfect combo if I didn’t gain any weight and had desire to do stuff.

I can’t be overweight the rest of my life and at some point I have to work. Really I don’t see any Ap’s that would change my life. Maybe I’m wrong.

4 Likes

Do you take this in morning?

2 Likes

I take it around 8-9 am.

2 Likes

My first AP was Risperidone and it knocked me down I took it in evening

2 Likes

I’ve been on it for a couple of years. It really isn’t sedating anymore.

1 Like

I take Geodon and Latuda. They work well together.

2 Likes

Can you get Geodon injections? I’ve been on Geodon and Risperdal before.

1 Like

Geodon injections aren’t long acting. You would have to get one every day I believe. But yes they do have them. I take all my meds orally.

1 Like

I take rispredal and seroquel…!!! Haha too many anti ps…!!

3 Likes

I take Amisulpride and Arirpirazole.

The Arirpiprazole I was on 30mg but this caused a lot of anxiety, so he dropped this to 20mg. My pdoc is hoping the Amisulpride will deal with the psychosis, but all it has done is make me calmer.

I see him Tuesday. I have fallen out with my case manager, we don’t have a good relationship at all. If she does bother to turn up I will tell her to leave - same if my mother turns up, I am hoping I didn’t tell her what time it was, otherwise she will be kicked out too.

1 Like

My case manager really advocates on my behalf. Even helped the doc give me a prn. I hope you can reconcile. I also do cbt with my case manager.

3 Likes

I think it has gone too far now. I have not been doing so great for a while now, and things got worse and I couldn’t get hold of her and she doesn’t call me back until after a week of leaving a message and getting the duty to email her.

I miss my old Case manager who left the NHS beginning of the year - it sounds like you have a similar relationship that I used to have. :frowning:

1 Like

Well good luck. Maybe something will change for the better.

2 Likes

I’ve been taking latuda 20mg day.
60mg latuda night.

2 Likes

@TheBest what dose of Risperidone are you on? Anyway i think you are a strong guy :slight_smile: pills i mean

1 Like

I’m on 1 mg of Risperidone pills.

1 Like

Three aps 1516y7uu7777u

2 Likes

I’m on Risperdal Consta 37.5 mg injections every two weeks, Geodon 240 mg every day, and Seroquel 200 mg every night. And it all works great for me.

1 Like

I just take haldol and haldol injections, but I’m looking to change the pills and stay on the injections. I’m hesitant to try atypicals again, since they’ve always given me pretty severe weight gain with not much success, but that’s what mostly gets suggested. I’m desperate for change, though.

1 Like

I take a pretty high dose of Trilafon (Perphenazine) and a subclinical dose of Seroquel.

Jayster

1 Like