Do you still have moments of paranoia, which you endure?

im also a paranoid schizophrenic i suffer from anxiety and paranoid thoughts, my counselor gave grounding techniques that helps with that and breathing techniques, if you want to know them let me know.

3 Likes

Your lucky I wish I could be like you but the doc says that my medication (abilify) is the only one that works for me.

I do get paranoid but its rational paranoia not nonsensical paranoia.

I’m sorry to hear that that’s not easy I suffer with paranoia as well but it has been significantly reduced by the medication I am taking.

1 Like

Here’s what I’m having a hard time dealing with: My ex boyfriend was interviewed by the House of Representatives in a 20 pg interview where they said he could have a lawyer present about why the man (an operative) killed himself and the Clinton e-mail hacking. It involved Russia. How am I supposed to know if this somehow relates to me? That I might be in some sort of trouble?

yeah i still have some paranoia but at least the command hallucinations have eased up significantly…i put taht down to a double dose of anti psychotics …im on 20mg olanzapine and 800mg quetiapine…it helps keep me stable…what i advice peopleis if one anti psychotic is not enough to help you, you should taek a douoble dose like me…its better than being persecuted and off your head

what kinda grounding and breathing techniques?

Sure heres the 5,4,3,2,1 technique these turn your attention away negative thoughts, memories or worries and refocuse you in the present moment. Write down in a piece of paper.

1. 5 things you can see.
  2. 4 things you can feel.
  3. 3 things you can hear.
  4. 2 things you can smell.
  5. 1 things you can taste.

Breathing techniques. Deep breathing is a simple technique thats excellent for managing emotions.
1.breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds, hold air in lungs for 4secs then exhale slowly through mouth for 6 seconds.

This some of the techniques i use to calm my anxiety and negative thoughts hopefully it helps you.

2 Likes

i’ll try it out… it sounds good. my pdoc told me about the 5 things you can see, i did that… but this sounds better.

1 Like

Great hope it helps.

1 Like

No paranoia here since taking meds except if I watch horror or too much violence which I avoid.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.