Do you speak alone often

I often speak alone, when I am alone or when I ride my bicycle … and you?

4 Likes

I talk to myself all the time, and have quite in depth conversations with myself. I spend a lot of time alone so I think that’s why I do it.

1 Like

Alllll the time

1 Like

One of the many things I do constantly. My poor roommates have to hear it all day but I can’t really stop.

1 Like

Im pretty sure its normal to talk to your self as long as you dont always answer yourself

1 Like

That’s not good… you should stay quiet when talking to yourself and not move your mouth. Grit your teeth if you have to teach yourself. If your teeth are touching then your mouth is closed.

1 Like

I speak alone but not often only sometimes

1 Like

I have a funny habit to make jokes about one person I know but have not seen him for a long time, I laugh at my own jokes, well at least I laugh :smile:

1 Like

I carry on my conversations in my head 99% of the time

1 Like

I’m getting better at keeping quiet when alone, it bothers the two people I’m around a lot. It’s just a bad habit that is hard to break, but I’m getting better with practice.

1 Like

Yes. I respond out-loud to thoughts sometimes (talk to myself), or I’ll hear what someone says when I’m out and I’ll comment quietly but out-loud, and I often talk to people on tv, especially political/news programs, and especially if I disagree. My mom used to yell at people on tv too, so I got that from her. :blush: I do it more as I get older, I think because I don’t really get embarrassed easily as I get older and don’t care what people think so much.

2 Likes

I used to talk to my voices out loud. It was almost uncontrollable but I managed to train myself to keep my mouth closed using the technique I spoke of up above. It worked

1 Like

Never. I did before I had schizophrenia, now poverty of speech makes it impossible.

1 Like

Treebeard does not speak to himself. There are always saplings, shrubs and trees to talk to. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Funny.
When I was on Vraylar I talked to myself a lot.
It must of been some strange reaction to the drug.
When I got off of it I stopped talking to myself.

1 Like

When I’m alone I often speak to anyone who might be listening in on me

1 Like

Number One Rhubotian Rule: You’re not talking to yourself if you’re talking to the cat.

4 Likes

I used to give lectures to myself that were wildly popular and very well-received but I can’t afford the tickets to see myself anymore.

3 Likes

Now on vacation -I do not talk to myself because people exhaust me.

Which is better?

1 Like

LMAO!!! :joy:

2 Likes