Do you feel happy with your looks?

OK then, no sex, just teasing :blush:
You still rock.

1 Like

A hug I can deal withā€¦would be nice in fact.

Problem thoughā€¦yeah.

no Iā€™m fat and still have acne at 25 years old.

:boom: erā€¦yes
i am so :fire: hot the pavement melts underneath my feet :footprints:ā€¦ :smiley:
take care :alien:

2 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I have been told I was pretty but I think I am about average I used to be attractive to the point of turning heads but now its like I am invisible or like a Ghost no one notices me. I donā€™t think there is anything to notice about me I am overweight for one thing and I donā€™t have the self esteem I used to have when I was thinner maybe one day I will get it back and be confident in how I look but for now Its like I donā€™t like what I see when I Iook in the mirror. One day I hope to become thin Like I used to be or at a reasonable weight like 120 pounds would be perfect for my height of 5ā€™4" and for my body frame not 200 plus or whatever I am not even kidding. This is something I must work on my self esteem and my weight to lose weight is easier said than done but can be done I have done it just too lazy to work at it I guess. I guess I have giving up somewhat and face the facts of what is is and what will be will be if God Willing. But its not up to God to make me skinny or thinner its up to me Only I can change that matter.

I am happy with the way I look. I am short for a man, I am 5ā€™7 and 177lbs, very athletic, pretty buff actually. I was a fighter before schizophrenia and now I am retired, I just stay in shape, but no belts and no fighting anymore. I just train with some old friends who have steady lives like I do. I am a full-time student doing research for an advanced bachelorā€™s.

I am rather good-looking, in fact I am actually quite attractive for someone my age and height when I am not wearing clothes. When I do wear clothes, my clothes say ā€œdangerā€ because I wear all black and combat boots and I keep my head buzzed, thatā€™s because my training taught me to be ready for anything and to not have hair that can be grabbed. There is a section of a chapter in one of the manuals about defending against hair grabs. I took the easy route and buzzed my head the next day, and I used to have hair down to my shoulders.

I have a gift of physical prowess as well as intelligence, but I am actually equal parts both, and they sometimes work together or against each other. I understand the science behind my exercise, which makes me be in fighting shape easily (but with concentrated effort, so not that easilyā€¦more like I make it look easyā€¦), but my prowess makes me want to ditch my studies which I excel at and go back to fighting, which would mean off medication. You cannot fight professionally on these meds, they are a serious handicap. I may be in impressive shape, but I used to be on par with professionals and well I even beat professionals in sparring matches when I was in my later teens.

It does not make me that much happier, it really just facilitated getting sexual exploration out of my system at a decent age. I became promiscuous at the height of my weightlifting (I was on a competitive team) and then eight unprotected partners later (I didnt know oral sex could spread HIV) I was scared shitless and had my blood tested repeatedly.

That ended that part of my life. I have had enough sex with enough people to just walk away. It was like a sport, which I am familiar with. You train (to look good) make the team (find a partner) and perform (in bed). Been there, done that, bye bye.

Doesnā€™t stop my sex drive. Itā€™s a nuisance. I am vulnerable, with libido being my weakness.

SO maybe that story puts things into perspective. Advice from someone who really is attractive and experienced! And schizophrenic!

Honey, people will use you and throw you away like they eat a banana and throw away the peel. I hope that analogy is clearly understood. Or simile. Whatever it is, AP literature was years ago, haha.

Honestly, being a badass jacked young man is not all that. I imagine attractive young women are often targets of sexual harassment and sexual abuseā€¦oh no wait, thatā€™s a fact I recently was tested on in school.

2 Likes

No one would like to be in my skin. Being 22 with a child and bipolarā€¦Iā€™m never completely sure if the guy likes me or just take his chance to play.
You wouldnā€™t believe what are they capable of once they know your weakness.

1 Like

But ā€¦honestlyā€¦about relationshipsā€¦ I think it has nothing to do with your attractiveness but with your attitude.

2 Likes

I still have pockmarks from my teen yeARSā€¦bloody acne is a curse.

yes the big word - ATTITUDE

All that COUNTS and MATTERS

Looks are grossly over-rated

But the greatest victory will be when you live WITHOUT a relationship and STILL BE HAPPY.

That will be the greatest victory and noone can defeat you then.

I donā€™t feel happy about my looks, never have.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  societies beauty standards though, highly over rated.

ha ha ha @Minnii you should be in India ---- looks matter even more here

Idc much any more. I used to do push-ups and sit-ups every day now I donā€™t take care of myself as much anymore but am much less insecure about looks. Itā€™s whatever. Mind over matter.

I donā€™t know, itā€™s all so rotten from a womanā€™s perspective. If you donā€™t look your best, youā€™ll have half the opportunities someone that takes care of their appearence. I donā€™t do my eyebrows, only wax my legs when absolutely needed and Iā€™m more of a hippie clothes wise. So part of me doesnā€™t give a ā– ā– ā– ā– , the other part of me feel threatned by societyā€™s stardards of beauty.

1 Like

People Actually Point n Laugh At Me Sometimes ā€¦ ,

n Otha Shazzle Such as , n Such ā€¦ ,

Itā€™s a Way For Them To Save Face Evn Tho e(Y)e Am Naught Evn Interested In Them AT ALL ā€¦ ,

So Evn If You Donā€™t Care About Current Society Acceptance , It Still Digs In Your Back ā€¦

1 Like

I think youā€™re beautiful just the way you are minnii :blush: :blush: :blush:

Interested into how you dress like a hippieā€¦I donā€™t necessarily dress like a hippieā€¦ALL THE TIMEā€¦ But I am a hippie nonetheless . U should see my bumper stickers :smiley:

1 Like

You posted a picture of your bumper stickers :smile:
Thank you. :blush:

I use a lot of second hand clothes, leggings or jeans and big sweaters. Iā€™m more of a hippie chique to be honest lol

1 Like

Itā€™s Too Bad You Donā€™t Live Near Me ā€¦ ,

e(Y)eā€™d Trie and Play You Hippie Songs In Tha Mourning As You Ate Breakfast ā€¦ ,

Yep Yep ā€¦

1 Like

Oh man I would love that. I would tell that weird neighbours of yours that theyā€™re the crazy ones for calling you crazy :smile:

1 Like