Schizophrenia.com

Do you bathe often?

I only bathe about once a week. I’ve been doing that for a while. My negative symptoms got worse somewhere along the line. I feel so freaking lazy because it’s just a shower and I have all day to do it.

I feel the same way. I force my self to take a bath but washing my hair is another story…

I strip wash more than i have a bath but even then there can be 4-5+ days between washes. I have to psych myself up to have a bath as i get anxious thinking about having one.

I get anxious as well. I fear someone will get me in the shower.

drewleo, it’s not being lazy. It’s the negative symptoms. I don’t remember all of your posts. But do you exercise? Some studies show that regular intensive exercise somewhat reduces the negative symptoms of schizophrenia.

1 Like

I do my best as i can but not very often

I like to go on bike rides if I’m not too tired. I know it’s negative symptoms because I have other negative symptoms that have gotten worse. For people who don’t know any better it looks like laziness, so that kinda sucks.

Try taking vitamin B12 and folic acid. It’s supposed to help somewhat with the negative symptoms.

Buy the vitamin B complex. Folic acid and B12 are in the complex together.

Another good thing about vitamin B is that it also gives you energy.

I take vitamin b complex and it seems to help me in my every day life.

Thanks for the idea. I think I’ll try that because this sucks. I used to be all into vitamins but I stopped in recent years. I need to get back into it.

i bathe once a month. wash my hair 2-3 times a year.

I bath twice or once a week before i started meds i was bathing every other day but when i start taking med its just makes me lazy.

I bathe whenever I remember to, usually once or twice a week. I try to more often but I just don’t get around to it. I don’t know if it’s negative symptoms, but I keep forgetting until either somebody mentions that I’ve been wearing the same clothes for a week, or I happen to look at the shower and it just clicks. And I haven’t shaved my legs in months, that’s just too much for me most days. Though now that it’s almost winter I guess it doesn’t matter as much.

I’ll change my clothes if I know I’ll be seeing the same people two days in a row, but I don’t like to do it. I try to keep my problems a secret. I worry too much about what people think.

I just forget, I’ll put on the same clothes because it doesn’t occur to me to change them, unless I’m dressing for a special occasion or something, then I’ll usually remember to take a shower too, just because the occasion breaks up my routine and reminds me to take care of myself.

At least one shower a day, when the inside temp drops below 62 inside my house, I have to unthaw in a hot shower before bed or I’m to cold to sleep.

I can’t shower at all. The sound, the feel of all the water hitting me, the uneven temperature just gets me freaked out. It feels weird, It’s too intense. I do take baths a lot. I LOVE to swim. That is one small joy the SZ has yet to take from me. Even when I was getting through the worst of it, I still enjoyed swimming. I’m in the water a lot. I hide in the bath a lot too. I really like our bathroom and so I’ll lock myself in, take a long bath, put on earphones and stay there until I get cold.

As far as the clothing, the kid sis does laundry all the time so I sort of have no worries about that. I’ve been learning how to do laundry.

That was exactly what I thought when I was younger. I don’t want to get into how weird I’d get about showers, but yes, I figured it was so people could plot since I couldn’t hear anything over the loud water. But then it started feeling weird too.

1 Like

I don’t know how your bathroom is situated in your place, but in my shower, if you press your ear to the wall, you can hear everything going on inside my house.
For some reason all noise is amplified above the water noise.
Perhaps it has to do with the hardwood floors too?

2 Likes

Twice a week. Sometimes three.

i also like to shower daily. and I do almost every day. I like to feel clean and freshed. I also always wanted to be immaculate, almost like a nun, but I haven’t gotten there yet.

judy

1 Like