Do you bathe often?

This is embarrassing because i’m a woman but i struggle with showering daily. When i workout though i do for sure but sometimes if i’m not working out at the time and i am not going anywhere i struggle with it. I need to work on it.

Hey, it’s okay. I’m a woman too and I don’t bathe nearly as regularly as I should. I’m lucky that I don’t sweat a lot or get smelly, but I honestly just forget to shower until sometimes more than a week has passed. Usually I’m not THAT bad, but every now and then I’ll go that long, until I feel gross enough that I can’t forget.

in the 1900s they didnt wash, you dont have to wash yourself every day, i wash when i want

I don’t get on my son to shower more then once a week unless he needs it. I used to think his Clozapine caused his sweat to smell very sweet but recently I discovered it smells the same as the hot sauce he loves and puts on almost everything :wink: I shower twice a week. Even when I was working full time I only showered this much. I know that as caregivers we can sometimes push things like this however if I step back and look at the bigger picture then I realize that very few people actually shower daily.

In the 1900’s, the average life expectancy was 42.

1 Like

You are not lazy, you are terribly ill, big difference right?!

Much of the time i turn on the water and just stand there, the hotness feels really good, and then i get out without washing.

I just feel so bad alot of the time and can’t want to do it you know, i want to do it, but when the hits just keep on coming it’s hard to want to for me.

I can definitely relate to not wanting to shower because of feeling bad. A bad day takes away any possibility I had of good hygiene that day, and most days are bad.

I shower maybe once a week, at most. It depends on how I’m feeling. Lately I haven’t been wanting to do anything.

This is something that I have a lot of trouble with as well. I will take 2 to 3 showers a week. I used to be a avid daily showerer. Now its just so hard. Dont know why I guess its the negative symptoms of sz.