Do APs block dopamine in all the brain? L-Dopa/Mucuna Pruriens supplement?

Yes but my pdr said that negative symptoms are caused by low dopamine in some brain areas. I will take a very small dose.

1 Like

Thanks @Aziz . I am still learning about the disorder in a lot of ways

1 Like

No! Don’t take that stuff!
It will make you psychotic!

2 Likes

Mine is called levodopa-carbidopa and I take 25-200mg tablets a day.

1 Like

Man @aziz, I’m worried for you. Playing god (doctor) with pharma is a little bit Russian roulette. There’s no proof that it will help and others are telling you about potential dangers. Anytime I don’t feel well, I ramp up exercise and reduce sugar from the diet- doing good for the body, mind.

Be careful with the supplements. In theory it may make sense to take them, but unless there is a factual precedent, it is a risk.

3 Likes

Just took 2 pills 240mg L-Dopa with food. Its supposed to be taken without food to be more effective. Whatever. On the bottle it says to take 2 pills. I don’t think such a small dose can make me psychotic. Prescription L-Dopa dosage goes up to 8000mg/day.

Aps won t block all dopamine.if this were happen you were die.

1 Like

I think I tried 350mg mucuna s day, but that’s not pure levodopa, the herb only has some of it for ingredient, and I even reacted to that.

Be careful with that levodopa as it is trying to boost a mechanism in yout brain that your AP likely is trying to block.

1 Like

When you stop taking macuna (l dopa) parkinson like symptoms like stiff movements get worse as it down regulates dopamine in brain. Its effect is just temporary leaving with much issues than before starting it. Then to find relief need to increase dose steadily and then reach a point it stop working altogether leaving with severe dopamine deficiency symptoms like unable to coordinate movements, tremor etc.

I will ask my Dr to prescribe me Levodopa+Carbidopa as its more effective than Levodopa alone present in the supplement I ordered.

Carbidopa prevents the breakdown of levodopa making it more effective. I will ask my Dr to prescribe it.

See this guys youtube channel.

This is the medication video he took 6 years ago.

See his latest videos after remaining on those medications.

This is a really bad idea. It’ll also make your muscles extremely relaxed, which can be bad. It can cause psychosis and it’s only meant for Parkinson’s-related diseases.

Really bad idea. Please don’t ask your doctor to prescribe this.

1 Like

Does the levodopa-carbidopa give you energy?

No…I’m tired all the time. It just makes my muscles loose. My muscles are 10 times stiffer than normal people.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.