Do APs block dopamine in all the brain? L-Dopa/Mucuna Pruriens supplement?

Can pure dopamine, L-Dopa from Mucuna Pruriens supplement, make me psychotic? I am sure it improves my negative symptoms as it raises dopamine in all the brain.

L - DOPA is a precursor to dopamine that passes the blood - brain barrier and is mainly taken up by the dopaminergic neurons that convert L - DOPA to dopamine and increase their dopamine production and storage.”

L-DOPA - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics.

Oups, I think its illegal in Canada but a while ago I ordered L-Dopa Mucuna Pruriens and I received it:

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2016/59658a-eng.php

Health Canada is informing Canadians that two unauthorized health products (listed in the table below) were seized from Next Level Fitness, in Richmond #130 - 12560 Bridgeport Road, Richmond, BC V6V 2N5 and at #108 - 13569 76 Ave, Surrey, BC, V3W 2W3 Surrey, B.C. The products TRT (Testosterone Booster) and Freak’n Test (Testosterone Enhancer) were labelled to contain a prescription drug substance (L-Dopa) that may pose serious health risks to Canadians.

2 Likes

Anyone knows if APs block dopamine in all the brain?
Anyone tried L-Dopa from Mucuna Pruriens supplement?

@everhopeful Do you know anything about this supplement? Is it legal where you are?

1 Like

I just looked it up on webmd.com

I wouldn’t take it. It interacts with AP meds and has nasty side effects.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1020/cowhage

2 Likes

Yea I know that it can cause psychosis as it raises dopamine but I was wondering if a small dose wouldn’t do that and would improve negative symptoms. I guess its playing with fire as it increases dopamine, opposite to antipsychotics.

2 Likes

It worths a shot, if feel bad just discontinue if it works continue.

1 Like

Problem is that I think its illegal in Canada. I don’t want the border police call me like they did before for lithium. Lithium supplements are illegal in Canada.

2 Likes

You need to talk to a psychiatrist about getting a different med or lower dose. I wouldn’t take anything that abruptly increase dopamine

2 Likes

yea same, i wouldn’t take that gamble either. Anything that messes with dopamine i would be careful with.

1 Like

lithium, really i dont the laws in canada maybe theres way to get it.

1 Like

I found it on iHerb US, they don’t sell it in Canada, 15% Dopamine:

Yea get that one, can they ship it you without getting caught.

1 Like

I just bought a 90 pill bottle, its 2 pills per day, 240mg L-Dopa.

1 Like

great hope it works for you.

1 Like

Interesting supplementing, so this increase dopamine making you happier.

1 Like

Yea but I will watchout for positive symptoms and psychosis.

1 Like

okay yea, i might get some too if works for you.

1 Like

Broad beans also have L-Dopa, didn’t know that. But extracts are stronger.