Do any of you have illusions

Hearing noises and making them out to be voices. Ex: shower cap running making noise, hearing it as a voice. Ex: noise of things in the background (wind cars tv) and you perceive them as voices. I have been having a lot lately and just ignored them. But I tell you the shower cap explains things to me about life I couldn’t imaginable think on my own. Haha I know it’s just a illusion though and apart of my illness.

4 Likes

Sounds like it’s not all bad.

2 Likes

yeah it is an illusion,

you are doing good ignoring it and we should all ignore these noises,

take care x

4 Likes

Pulling a rabbit out of my hat.

4 Likes

I used to believe the wind told me the future. After a while it was just telling me nonsense. Then it told me nothing.

4 Likes

Yup right now even. The shower, the sink, you name it. Mine don’t make sense though… Mostly.

1 Like

No I don’t get this. My voices r not triggered by external noises. They r fully formed personalities in my mind. I don’t hear things outwardly at all. Just bollox inside my head. There don’t seem to b any triggers for the voices but there r triggers for the content of what they talk about. That’s another reason I know I’m not telepathic. As they seem to stick to the triggered topics. I would like to kill the people who put them in to my head…very very slowly.

2 Likes

The whole house fan is pretty loud, I keep asking for the winning lottery ticket numbers, but no winners so far.
Now they make them a lot quieter, but still no winning numbers.

3 Likes

The wind tells me stories I can hardly bear to hear.

2 Likes

Sometimes, yeah. I have an air filter in the bedroom that often sounds to me like somebody talking, and years ago I wrote a poem in which i quoted a creek i was sitting near. (i lost the piece over the years. oh well.)

3 Likes

Good to see you… haven’t seen you for awhile… how are you?

me? hard times financially but doing well mentally and physically. had a brief socially reclusive period, i get those a lot.

It used to be that any noise would turn into words for me, so it was like ghosts lived in everything.

I know lightbulbs talk to me, usually when i haven’t slept well or am having a hard time they tend to be very critical or trying to tell me to do things or the future, not so different from my voices apart it’s coming from a light bulb it’s still very upsetting recently I’ve found myself sitting in darkness, which upsets my mum so I try to bare it and ignore them, good luck and take care,

Meg.

yeah, i keep asking for the winning numbers too but it’s not happening lol