Divorce expertise

i filed for divorce 3 moths ago, they gave me a paper saying I had to come to court today. What papers do I need to bring with me? What is going to happen? What will the judge be asking? I’m having a panic attack because I don’t know why we have to go to court. My sister said she never had to go to court to get divorced. I don’t understand why we have to go. Please tell me your experiences to ease my mind.

1 Like

When I got a divorce it was a uncontested so we didn’t go to court but when I went on disability I had to file a modification and I had to get a lawyer. Things finally worked out, but it took me a couple of years. Because the ex fought me the whole time. But she had an extreme view against mental illness the judge ruled in my favor. So I got unsupervised visits and schedule visits. I not sure what you need to take. I would suggest take everything with income. Like I said I had a lawyer for the modification because I didn’t fair well with the uncontested the first time.

1 Like

Now I see why you need those hugs! I don’t have any experience to offer, but I have lots of support and love for you.

2 Likes

I am divorced but my ex went to a different state and divorced me from there. I received no notice of any proceedings or even a dissolution of marriage or anything. It was only after the fact, years later, that i found out we were officially divorced. I don’t know how it goes from one state to another but i hope this works out for you.

2 Likes

I chose not to go to court.
I think that my attorney went alongside her attorney.

My ex wife was present.

I was medically excused from going to court.

1 Like

thank you @Ninjastar lots of love back

@disciple I wish i could go to another state right now

1 Like

@Wave I want to be medically excused, I don’t want to go at all, and I have like an hour to calm myself down

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this. i can only imagine how stressful it must be. I pray that you get through it as quickly and with as little problem as possible. Sending hugs.

1 Like

thank you @disciple for my hug I needed that

Divorce is very stressful.
I’m sorry that you are going through this right now.
Sending hugs your way.

2 Likes

thanks @Wave (((hugs)))

1 Like

I had a huge misunderstanding with the authorities because…i handed my divorce papers in 20 years later. We are officially divorced :rofl:

1 Like

oh no! Well better late than never. I just don’t know why we have to go. Just give us the divorce, we aren’t fighting over anything, no kids, no money, no property, we worked everything out.

1 Like

If you guys worked everything out then you guys could have gone to see a mediator instead of going to court.
Lawyers want conflict so they get more money.

2 Likes

we don’t have lawyers, just us going to court, I guess we will just go and tell the judge we are agreeable and we want to move forward with the divorce. I feel stupid not knowing what to bring, but if they need to see any paperwork I guess they can set another court date. idk

2 Likes

Don’t Panic. It will be ok. roger?

1 Like

yes, I think breathing would be a good idea right now

1 Like

and I have nothing nice to wear, I hate going to court

Its not a wedding😀

1 Like