I would say I had my first hallucinations when I was four, but completely aside from that I loved to play pretend and had a great imagination. Anyone else?
Yep, still do. My dreams and daydreams are awesome.
Yes! I get so absorbed sometimes that I find it strange to think I was staring at a wall (or just staring at whatever).
No, actually I was a “thoughtless” child.
Are you sure? That sounds like something you were told.
Yes, still do. I spend hours pacing and writing stories. I draw my characters and even cry when one of them passes. They were and are a big part of my life. I don’t want to loose them.
That’s beautiful! I bet you’re a good writer. Have you posted any of your writing here?
I had an extremely vivid imagination as a kid.
I am pretty sure that I hallucinated at times as a child - also had delusions.
Thank you! Not yet, my best friend knows all about them though. She is an awesome comic artist and was the first person to want to draw them after I told her some of the stories. Actually she was the first person(out of literally 3) who ever knew. I love to search into emotion and develop characters like people I know.
Some of it was suspected to be partially a delusion or hallucination because sometimes I would literally be communicating with them and then put them into a story.
That can be a valuable resource. Do you plan on being published? I hope so!
I was told it and it came true.
I got so wrapped up in the stories in my head that I wouldn’t be able to remember what was happening in the real world. I still do sometimes. When I have to come out of a really good daydream I feel like the real world is dull and far away, and my brain keeps drifting back to dream world.
I had a decent imagination when i was a kid. Imaginary friends different realms all that. It was much simpler back then
I have always had a vivid imagination. I still write fantasy stories, but before I put them on paper, I ‘act out’ the events in my mind as a kind of self induced delusion. It can take months for the fantasy to come to a proper close.
I wish I could draw, but for some reason, even though I can ‘see’ what they should look like, when it comes to getting it down on paper I just cant do it…
If i could make my self finish it i have a viking epic with modern concepts.
No. I was more of a climb trees, wanting to have a club, type my own newspaper, ride my bike. No fantasy or vivid imagination.
Maybe in some day. I would love it.
Yes I have always been a daydreamer, I still am. I hate when I can’t daydream.
When I was little my entire being was focused on whatever girl I had a crush on. In third and fourth grade it was Jeanie Smith, in fifth grade it was Sidney Marshal, in sixth, seventh, and eighth grade it was Ann Upchurch. I often got the girl I was obsessed with, but I would involuntarily sabotage the relationship. I’ve heard a couple of other guys say they experienced this. I wonder how common it is among male children. In a way, it fits with Freud’s description of male homosexuality - a young male typically has one, intense relationship with a girl. Then he realizes the unattainability of his love interest, and refocuses all that emotion on himself. I never held much with Freud anyway. I’m not gay.
I never thought much about it, until my pdoc in the psych hospital told me that he thought I was only telling him about 5% of what really went on in my head, and he wondered what the other 95% could possibly be… it scared him a little.
I lived more in my head than in the real world, and I liked it, usually hanging around in the tree in my parents front yard to escape the world below. The next door neighbor once looked up at me in the tree just on our side of the fence and said in a very snotty way “Girls your age don"t climb trees!”
I was 16 years old at the time, and replied "I sure do."
Couldn’t figure out why she got so huffy.