Did tv shows raise you?

Jackass and the Simpsons here. :smile:

Southpark for me

2 Likes

We went outside during the day a lot in the 1970’s but at night we watched a lot of crappy TV I regret to say. I can’t imagine watching Sesame Street. the Osmonds, the Bradys,Sonny and Cher, or Tony Orlando again because in retrospect it was really crappy TV. Of course the stuff they had on in the 1980’s wasn’t much better especially considering that the top show was headed by that Cosby guy. I later watched 3’s Company and thought it was funny. When I was an adult I watched Married With Children, Beavis and Butthead, the Simpsons, and South Park which completed the trip of my mind straight to the toilet.

2 Likes

1 Like

“I Love Lucy” and “All In The Family” here. You got to admit “I Love Lucy” was a great T.V. show.

4 Likes

We had a crappy old black and white tv when I was really young so I didn’t watch much television. I read a lot though. I used to read like 2 or so books a week. I’m very glad about that!

2 Likes

especially the game shows

We did the Gong Show in my Catholic grade school

me and Shelly Theil and several others did We Got the Beat

by the GoGo’s. Shelly was Belinda. We were gonged.

I remember the most Shelly choking on a chicken bone at lunch.

So scary.

1 Like

Many raises from Barbara Eden in “I Dream of Jeanie”. :wink:

2 Likes

I wasn’t allowed to watch TV as a kid.

1 Like

No exceptions?..……….

2 Likes

If we were good ( my sister and I ) we could watch two thirty minute programs on Saturday,

But they had to be educational.

Like Bill Nye the Science Guy, stuff like that.

4 Likes

We had t.v. on from the moment we got home.

My mom was at work.

1 Like

Wow, you’re parents were strict. I was still watching Romper Room when I was in second grade, lol. The Beatles had their own cartoon when I was 6 or 7. My sisters watched it so I watched it.

Bill Nye. Hmmm, interesting. Do your parents let you watch TV now?

1 Like

Haha!

My parents were pretty strict,

But they relaxed a little bit when I got to be a teenager,

Oddly.

2 Likes

The o.c and one Three hill :heart::+1:

1 Like

Married with children and Simpsons

2 Likes

Simpsins the smurfs pinki n the brain I can’t remember but we watched a lot of cartoons in Germany
Then in UK it went to shows like greys anatomy oc desperate housewives

1 Like

I’m still being raised, so I guess I can’t answer this.

1 Like

Eva longoria in DH :grinning:

2 Likes

3 Likes