Did tv shows raise you?

The Mickey Mouse Club, Route 66, Wagon Train, The Rifleman, Father Knows Best, Dragnet, Mr. Peepers, 77 Sunset Strip, No Warning,Twilight Zone.

3 Likes

Boy meets world, growing pains, 7th heaven, and recess

1 Like

Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers… that and Jeopardy.

1 Like

I developed language acquisition by watching cartoons such as Disney animated films, Dexter’s Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Looney Tunes, and other Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid.

4 Likes

No, they didn’t. Only TV I was permitted was baseball games occasionally (when my father felt like it). I played outside, in the dirt, built and destroyed stuff, ran around playing makeshift games with friends, and played sports (track and baseball). Didn’t consume much teevee until my 20s. Then quit watching it in my late 30s. It’s called “programming” for a reason. These days, the occasional movie (used, cheap BluRays, won’t pay out the ying-yang for theater prices). Not a single channel/service comes into this house in any way these days. My television exists solely to watch movies on, and I’m finding it a waste of space and a possible source of money as I can play movies on my computer, and also use earbuds if wife isn’t interested in whatever movie I may be watching.

2 Likes

Just the facts ma’am.

1 Like

Welcome @denbert19. It’s a friendly, safe place here 90% of the time. If you start coming here regularly you will learn some valuable things about schizophrenia, recovery and human nature!

3 Likes

Yes! Mostly Simpsons and a lot of cartoons and Disney shows!

1 Like

I watched a lot of tv shows as a kid. A lot of them scared me.

What scared me the most was fraggle rock when the fraggles went into the garden and the ‘giant’ people were there

1 Like

80’s Child so He-Man.Thundercats,Transformers etc!

2 Likes

Married with children: taught me all I needed to know :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lots of shows. Sailor moon .

1 Like

2 Likes

oprah winfrey for me

1 Like

welcome to the forums @denbert19

1 Like

I used to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog when I was a kid, among others

2 Likes

Yeah I did tend toward the TV way too much growing up. I can tell for certain, that’s bad for you.

1 Like

Lots of Spider Man and X-Men on saturday mornings

1 Like

We weren’t allowed tv except for the news and occasional family night movies. I’ve more than made up for it as an adult now…:roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.