Diabetes signs?

I get dizzy and agitated feeling weak when I dont eat carbs all day. Today only had meat until 7:30pm, now I am fine no symptoms after eating cheese bread full of carbs. Idk how ppl do a Keto diet, it would kill me.

This has been happening for years. My blood test is always normal even the glucose level etc

@Bowens Any idea? I think you know about diabetes.

I get confusion too.

I think dizziness would only be a sign of low blood sugar not high blood sugar. If you’ve developed diabetes type 2, you more than likely have high blood sugar. I would think confusion would be more likely to be a sign of low blood sugar also.

1 Like

Isn’t that a sign of a disease?

I have diabetes and my blood sugar, even with medication doesn’t drop below the criteria for having low blood sugar.

1 Like

It could if you arent eating foods that turn into sugar I suppose

1 Like

Yea it happens when I dont eat carbs or when I eat very little. Today it happened and I only had calamari and chicken strips until 7:30pm. I will also ask my Dr, my apt is 23 june.

1 Like

Good idea. I was going to suggest getting an A1C test done if you are seeing your doc soon.

1 Like

I think that was on my last blood test I did a few days ago. I just read that low blood glucose can be caused by pancreas problems like cancer. My uncle died at 35y.o. from pancreatic cancer, my grandfather died from pancreatic cancer. I hope its not that.

2 Likes

Yeah, i just looked it up and low blood sugar is more likely with Type 1 diabetes.

1 Like

without taking medicine like insulin and other drugs to bring it down type 2 diabetes is much more likely to cause high blood sugar than low.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope not too. Try not to worry to much though,…its probably not.

1 Like

Thanks @Bowens 15

1 Like

Eat a little carbs with every meal.

1 Like

Yea I do that usually but sometimes forget and only eat meat. Today I ate so much meat that I wasnt hungry all day but it lead to low blood glucose symptoms I think.

Type 1 is an auto immune disease anyway. I would say that your more at risk for type 2 like me because of being overweight and inactive like me. And thats likely to cause high glucose not low. I don’t think you have diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is much more common and the issue would be high blood sugar not low.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining, I always thought one diabetes type was low blood glucose and the other high blood glucose, never really read about diabetes.

1 Like

I’d get some blood sugar measurements done and explain your symptoms to the doctor.
Make sure to include the confusion and irritability, and maybe ask those around you to pay attention to other changes in you, like
Paleness
Drinking more than usual
Frequent bathroom trips
Shaking hands

And when you see the doc, mention that pancreatic cancer runs in the family.

Better safe than sorry!

Oh and also, while type 1 and type 2 are the most common, there are 4 or 5 other kinds of diabetes.
My adopted brother has Mody 3, which is a genetic defect that makes his pancreas produce insulin at random times, but not enough to efficiently regulate his bloodsugar.

Type 1 is associated with low bloodsugar, but it can also get too high.
Type 2 usually has too high levels, because type 2 means you have insulin resistance.

See a doctor.

2 Likes