Delusion that I don't have a brain

I wanted to see it but my psychiatrists refused to do an MRI!

1 Like

I think I have brain damage or big ventricles (empty spaces) at least.

How do I find out?

Well, if you want to get diabolical, you could fake the symptoms of a brain tumor, to get them to do a scan. Tell them your getting headaches and seizures and suspect you have a brain tumor. lol. I don’t know…just spitballing.

2 Likes

What if they find out that I am lying?

Well, what can they really do? Not like they can jail you for lying.

It depends how desperate you are to get a scan.

Maybe ban me from healthcare? No more meds. Or they will diagnose me with hypochondriasis lol

You and 5 billion other people.

2 Likes

lol. yeah, i dont know that I would do it either…but you asked how to get an MRI so…

1 Like

But what can I do if there is damage or big empty spaces? Can they grow my brain with steroids?

You know it’s a delusion so why not work to talk yourself out of believing it?

1 Like

I was so into it and believing it when unmedicated, now its still there but not as severe, just annoying.

Maybe growth hormone mixed with steroids can grow a brain like water grows plants?

lol. maybe so. 15

1 Like

Come on @Aziz you’re being ridiculous, you’re obviously to bright to have something wrong with your brain. I mean something like that. I know we all have something wrong with our brains lol. You don’t need steroids to grow your brain, it doesn’t work like that anyway. jeeze.

1 Like

Then what’s causing my severe sz negative symptoms?

1 Like

You have schizophrenia not missing ventricles or whatever. You’re in that part of the disease process where you have no energy and can’t make any forward momentum to help yourself. It will work itself out to where you eventually get better a little at a time and work yourself out of bed and back to a more normal life I hope and pray.

2 Likes

I thought you were joking about growing your brain with steroids and human growth hormone. Sorry I laughed.

We all could have some limited amount of brain damage from Sz but I doubt yours is that severe. You are a smart guy.

1 Like

I mean SZ is a brain illness, if you wouldnt have a brain then yoou wouldnt have a SZ, am I right?

5 Likes