Delusion that I don't have a brain

lol, That’s true, you make a good point

It is super hard to get an MRI. Complaining of headaches will make the doctor give you a migraine journal. Complaining of seizures will get you an EEG and some depakote, which sucks. They will only give MRIs to people who fail the neurological exam. Part of it is impossible to fake. Your eyes have to start pointing up and down at the same time. Like, one points up and the other one points down. Another part is the pizza test, where you close your eyes and pretend to hold a pizza. If you fall over, you failed. Another part is the reflex test. These things aren’t really possible to fake. You can’t willfully stop your reflexes.

1 Like

Your best bet is to look for research studies where people with schizophrenia get MRIs to note brain differences.

1 Like

I did get MRI once i think, when I was hospitalized after my first psychosis. I showed my psychiatrist a bump on my back of the head and she sent me to hospital to get tested. It is a brain tumor, but not aggressive one

Yeah, I got one too when I was first diagnosed. They wanted to check to see if there was anything wrong with my brain before they diagnosed me as Schizophrenic.

I had a brain MRI when I was in my 30’s because it felt like bugs were chewing my spinal cord. But they were suspecting I had MS and they needed to rule it out. You don’t need a MRI, you have a brain.

1 Like

I live in America and have good insurance so it was easy getting an MRI. On public insurance, they just refused to give me one. So I got mine for migraines. I saw a neurologist had an EEG and was diagnosed with chronic migraines. I had some minor brain damage or potential issues. I have a white spot on my frontal lobe and a pineal gland cyst. I was a hypochondriac at the time and thought I was having silent seizures or something because I had altered states of consciousness and weird ■■■■ going on like DP/DR or worse.

I have white hyperintensitites all over my brain that cannot be explained. I’ve never seen the mri. They mentioned a possibility of vasculitus (caffeine?) or a brain tumor (begnin?) and Multiple sclerosis.

Neurologist didn’t think I had schizophrenia but sleep issues like sleep apnea, night terrors, hypnogogic hallucinations, and chronic migraines. He said pineal gland shouldn’t do much.

I got put on Topamax. Got paranoid and had another MRI that showed no worsening of symptoms. Migraines can cause brain damage. I don’t get bad cases but maybe caffeine is causing silent, brain damaging migraines?

I stopped the Topamax due to extreme paranoia and ‘psychosis’. It took years to recover. I figure it’s a lot of stuff not just one thing. The best thing about topamax is extreme weight loss because it counters and undos the weight gain from APs. I got the increased fat SNP from APs too. It causes you to eat less too.

Might have to go back on it because I’m going to get severe diabetes some day. My left foot is already permanently tinglely.

I had delusions I have microchips or nano-bites or nano-technology and just a brain stem and no brain lol. I’ve heard of cases like this minus the tech. That people had their skull opened up and had no brain.

1 Like

I have bad racing thoughts i guess it is and its like not having a brain. It cuased me to isolate alot. Its like out of body depersonilization.

1 Like

I had that delusion too. I thought my very basic emotions reflected that I only have a brainstem, I only have animal emotions level and still do.

My negative symptoms are slightly worsening my positive symptoms. This sucks bcz meds don’t fix this, I have residual positive symptoms sometimes on meds.

Have you thought about why your thinking this? If I felt I was missing parts of my brain in a dream, I would conclude that I’m feeling disconnected from parts of myself.

Did you ever call the Canadian number for Vraylar to see when youre going to get it in Canada?

Is there a reason why would someone have delusions? Of course I have schizophrenia, a medical disease that causes delusions.

No they’re closed, yesterday was Saturday and today is Sunday. I wrote it in my notepad to call them tomorrow.

1 Like

I don’t think that delusions are meaningless. I believe they are a way of expression and self-understanding requiring further analysis. That’s why I asked. For a long time I thought people were poisoning me but I found out later that I have food allergies. A lot of my visions are tied around trauma/pain. If I don’t work through them, I don’t heal.

1 Like

That’s just a conicidence. The only thing that stopped my delusions are meds. Are you on meds?

I am also homicidal and suicidal when unmedicated.

I was getting sick every time I ate dairy. Not a coincidence, a fact proven by a doctor. My delusion was that I thought people were intentionally poisoning me every time I became sick from the milk. My point, there could be more to your delusion than what meets the eye. I didn’t realize the food was making me sick because of dairy. I blamed others because of my mistrust in people. I can’t take medications, I have severe reactions. I’m one of those that had to find another way.

So your Dr told you milk caused your delusions?
In my case, its pure schizophrenia. I only believe in medicine, sorry.