Daze here, how many of you can identify with this? me, many

Schizophrenia is characterized by thoughts or experiences that seem out of touch with reality, disorganized speech or behavior, and decreased participation in daily activities. Difficulty with concentration and memory may also be present.
People may experience:
Behavioral: aggression, agitation, compulsive behavior, disorganized behavior, excitability, hostility, lack of restraint, repetitive movements, self-harm, or social isolation
Cognitive: amnesia, belief that an ordinary event has special and personal meaning, belief that thoughts aren’t one’s own, delusion, disorientation, false belief of superiority, memory loss, mental confusion, slowness in activity, or thought disorder
Mood: anger, anxiety, apathy, elevated mood, feeling detached from self, general discontent, inappropriate emotional response, or loss of interest or pleasure in activities
Psychological: depression, fear, hallucination, hearing voices, paranoia, persecutory delusion, or religious delusion
Speech: circumstantial speech, incoherent speech, rapid and frenzied speaking, or speech disorder
Also common: fatigue, impaired motor coordination, or lack of emotion

6 Likes

not me bc i have been stable for a long time an dont get any symptoms anymore, off meds its a different story.

2 Likes

I get most of those to some manageable extent, except for the repetitive movements and self-harm, (not anymore, anyways.) My speech is fine though.

I had a 10 year period of slow self-harm when I tried to become a pro gamer for 7-10 hours a day while totally neglecting my joint health. IDK what I was expecting, but my elbows gave out.

1 Like

People may experience:
Behavioral: aggression, agitation, compulsive behavior, disorganized behavior, excitability, hostility, lack of restraint, repetitive movements, self-harm, or social isolation
Cognitive: amnesia, belief that an ordinary event has special and personal meaning, belief that thoughts aren’t one’s own, delusion, disorientation, false belief of superiority, memory loss, mental confusion, slowness in activity, or thought disorder
Mood: anger, anxiety, apathy, elevated mood, feeling detached from self, general discontent, inappropriate emotional response, or loss of interest or pleasure in activities
Psychological: depression, fear, hallucination, hearing voices, paranoia, persecutory delusion, or religious delusion
Speech: circumstantial speech, incoherent speech, rapid and frenzied speaking, or speech disorder
Also common: fatigue, impaired motor coordination, or lack of emotion

Those in bold are all ones I’ve experienced .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.