Day one stopping smoking again...I know I'm pitiful

I have been trying to quit smoking now for about five years…some quits last as long as 85 days…why can’t I stop and stay quit? when I drink I usually fall down and light up a ciggie. I am so tired of quitting…

2 Likes

Revisit vaping jukebox. Vaping setups are like meds , you have to find the right setup. The guys at your local vape shop can help.

THEN

Try quitting vaping once you’re off cigarettes. It’s gotta be easier than what you’re doing.

4 Likes

The important thing is you keep trying.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s very important to quit. I’ve been smoking for 6 weeks again. I quit for 6 months earlier this year.

@everhopeful I know how much you enjoy vaping but I tried vaping and I just choked on it all the time…I can’t vape or I would…plus it’s intimidating about what gear to get and all that…no I will just keep trying to be nicotine free…once and for all…

@Ninjastar thank you…I feel about one inch tall trying to quit again and that made me feel better…

1 Like

I’m always trying too. I hope we both can quit. Best wishes to you :blush:

1 Like

I quit over and over. Finally stuck 4 years ago. My husband and I quit together so there was no temptation.

1 Like

Practice makes perfect.

2 Likes

I think the switching to vape idea might work thats what i did to stop smoking black and milds but i dont even vape anymore either so it might be a working method.

1 Like

My father has been smoking cigarettes over forty years. He has diabetes and breathing problems. High blood pressure etc…do what you have to do to quit. I know it’s not easy but you will feel better. Plus you won’t have to spend money on the damn things.

3 Likes

@roxanna amen sister…

1 Like

I vape too. I’m easing off the vaping. Can’t hurt to try :blush:

Just started today after month.I think it’s because it keeps alert and more active.We can’t act like we are normal.In some research only 20% people with sz don’t smoke.

2 Likes

Three guys at my walking club all vape. Tomorrow I am going to buy the cheapest one i can get and give it a shot. I really have no option but to quit. Its hard to be financially unable to smoke.

1 Like

well, it’s day two and I haven’t fallen down yet…now I don’t even want a cigarette already. day three is tricky though…I am sure I am still in withdrawal. I feel happy though instead of cranky today .

1 Like

I read that nicotine urges last well beyond 5 days after quitting

1 Like

I once quit for two months with Tabex. I still had something left after a month, but I have thrown it away, maybe big mistake. After a while I got back into smoking. Now I feel the more I try to quit the lesser it will last.

I just know that if I am not smoking then I lay in bed the whole day until it feels really bad. I would not even watch the Tv or some YouTube. The Tv would run in the background and I would be laying the whole day in bed, just getting up for eating. I can not fill this void with something else. I am just at the forum so often because I smoke so much that it is a part of my smoking routine. The smell is bad, how my room smells is even worse, how my clothes smell sucks. The money that is gone every week, but it gives me a routine. Otherwise my thoughts would be around expensive things or I would not cope so good with my delusions. It has some positive side, just I pay a price for it…

Respect. The last times I tried, I could not make it to day two.

1 Like

A girl I used to work with got pregnant twice. Each time she quit smoking cold turkey but as soon as those babies were born she went right back to smoking

It’s difficult

keep up the effort jukebox

1 Like