Cooking with Splenda/Sucralose

Which is better for cooking to replace sugar? Powdered Splenda or Liquid Splenda? I see on Amazon that Liquid Splenda is much more expensive than powdered.

1 Like

Al I know is that one cup of powdered Splenda is equivalent to one cup of sugar when it comes to baking. I didn’t even know they made a liquid Splenda.

1 Like

Cooking with Splenda

I thought for a sec this was a Norwegian TV culinary show.

3 Likes

Both are gross, one is just a more expensive gross.

The powdered stuff says it is same cup per cup as sugar but when i used to use it i found it much sweeter. I would use half to three quarter cup

1 Like

I don’t know about other forms of cooking, but when baking with Splenda I always use 50% Splenda with 50% sugar…it helps the texture of the baked goods. That’s the powdered version.

1 Like

U could use swerve. That’s not an artificial sweetener but a natural one.

1 Like

It’s good for baking too

1 Like

Honestly I would use sugar even though I’m diabetic.
I don’t trust artificial sweeteners especially for cooking or baking

2 Likes

I use monkfruit sweetner… no weird after taste… the brown one

ef9edd19-43fd-46ad-b10c-228d40d699b6.516d17b2fe7a95600829418b567e0ea5

2 Likes

I just tried it another brand. It has the closest taste to sugar, better than Splenda. It reminds me of the taste of honey. At first I didn’t read the package where it says its equal to sugar in sweetness but then realized that I need to put a lot more than the amount of Splenda to get the same sweetness. Since its 0 calories I didn’t care about the amount. I am now using it for tea whereas Splenda tasted weird in tea. Spelnda was fine with coffee but not tea. It says bakes and measures like sugar.

1 Like

I think thats good too and similar to Monkfruit since both are made of Erythritol.

Sugar has 4 calories per gram, but erythritol has zero . That’s because your small intestine absorbs it quickly and gets it out of your body through urine within 24 hours. This means erythritol doesn’t have a chance to “metabolize” – turn into energy in your body.

1 Like

Yes it is good and has no weird after taste. When I did keto I tried splenda and it was gross and this guy on youtube recommended the monk fruit and i have been using it since… the golden one, you don’t have to use much, but with the white one, you use end up using a lot more… so I always get the golden one… glad you liked it.

1 Like

Yes you can use it to bake too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.