Sweeteners not 'healthy and safe alternative' - study

5 Likes

Wow heart disease. Never knew that thanks for the article

3 Likes

News flash: Being fat is even more dangerous to your health.

5 Likes

Sugar substitutes are probably one of the worst things you can put in your body.
I’d rather consume some sugar then artificial sweeteners and I’m diabetic.

5 Likes

Well, sweetners helped me lose weight in the past. A 9% higher risk is negligent compared to the risks of obesity.

2 Likes

Oh, and natural sweetners are not bad for you from all the sources I checked. So you could use those.

Stevia (though has an offputting taste for some)

Monk fruit (not as sweet and expensive)

Swerve (new and higher cost)

Out of those, i like Swerve the best. It also has some benefits for the gut. It’s made from natural ingredients. It works just like sugar in recipes,much like sucralose.

2 Likes

Yeah. I put swerve in cheesecake. I use half sugar and half swerve. It tastes better that way.

1 Like

Ive been able to actually lose weight using splenda and it was recommended by my dietician when i was diagnosed with prediabetes.

Whats the better of the two? Sugar or sweetners?

I have this for coffee at home

My mom used xylitol and I’m considering it too, instead of sugar . Is it any good?

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-study-suggesting-possible-link-between-artificial-sweeteners-and-heart-disease/

My grandma did sugar substitutes for as long as I remember and she lived till 90 some. She passed from hepatic encephalopathy. I don’t do sweeteners because they give you diarrhea. Plus, they destroy gut bacteria.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.