Coming to the conclusion today that i'm better off dead

I’m not suicidal but it’s getting to the point where i’m more bother than it’s worth. I really want off meds but then what happens, i lose myself and become a danger to myself and others. What the hell do you do?

Hi, I’m sorry everything seems so bleak at the present time. It must be difficult choosing between limited options… There is hope though… having been ill twenty years or so I know the illness and life gets easier to handle once you are older. For the present time try discussing your symptoms both positive and negative with you Dr and see if they can put you on something better for more life enjoyability. Try distracting yourself in the meantime and go easy on yourself. Best wishes, mouse1977

3 Likes

I’ve had schizophrenia for 26 years and in the early days I felt like you feel now - but it does get easier with time and the sun will shine for you again and if I am totally honest I am happier now in my early fifties than at any other time in my life - don’t give up - it does get better and it does get easier - keep going - it will be worth it.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar state of mind. but it varies from day to day. it just wears you down sometimes. no intention of doing anything, but just a bit of ‘battle fatigue’. I have a suspicion that my increased coffee intake us to blame for this at the moment.

hang in there.

4 Likes

This should pass man. I had a short stint where I can to that conclusion the other day. Ultimately though I’ve got family and friends that would miss me dearly for the rest of their lives. It sucks to be stuck with this illness, but we’re god damned champions dude. People might not recognize it, but trust me we are.

Take some time to relax and clear you head. Eat some food. Take a ■■■■. Get comfy and stop worrying about the future and the world for a while.

Distract yourself or try and space out. Watch some comedy. Or find something that gives you good genuine smile. All of this is easier said then done, but it’s not nearly as tough as the people who will tell you to find a hobby or go to school or all that ■■■■■■■■ that just adds stress.

Stay centered yo. Try to break down your impulses and desires and expectations and all that ■■■■■■■■. Just find a good center.

Suicide isn’t an option and it seems clear that you know that. If your looking for some relatability. I’ve been there bro, I’ve felt that. A lot of people have and I’m not just talking about sz.

Take a bath, cool your jets. Everything is going to be alright man. The illness might never remiss but it’s presence doesn’t have to beat you up. It’s just hypothetical ■■■■ in your mind. Treat it as such.

And hey man fallout 4 is coming down the line. It might be the first game that really lives up to the next gen experience.

Take care buddy, there will always be someone on the forum.

4 Likes

i know exactly what youre talking about but im so messed up that i dont even get the conviction to seriously take the next step of making suicide with confidence. really there isnt anything to live for for me its all garbage everything i wanted was destroyed by the schizophrenia and before that i canceled all schools because it was too much for me and now after the schizophrenia the weight gain is killing me and everything is a ■■■■■■■ lie there is nothing to live for

2 Likes

It will get better

I’m just like you…

Cheer up!!! Go to the movies or go eat a delicious meal and relax.

1 Like

I can dig it man. Six feet dig it. I feel that way right now.

But that, in a way, means that some b_stard, some entity, somewhere, has beaten me, so to hell with the idea of letting the “other” win !

1 Like

Who says? If the “speaker” is truly standing there beside you, please put them on the phone.

1. Get a copy of this book and read it. Have your family read it, too. NOW.
    http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Schizophrenia-6th-Edition-Family/dp/0062268856

2. Get properly diagnosed by a board-certified psychopharmacologist who specializes in the psychotic disorders. One can find them at…
    Find Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurses - Psychology Today

3. Work with that p-doc to develop a medication formula that stabilizes your symptoms sufficiently so that you can tackle to the psychotherapy that will disentangle your thinking from reality effectively. The best of the therapies for that currently include…

DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing

1. the even newer somatic psychotherapies like…

SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

1. or standard CBTs, like…

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/

1 Like

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Life is a journey and their are ups and downs all along the way…here’s to hoping for an “up” for you soon.

People have discouraged me from getting this book, because “it makes you lose hope”.So I put it on hold.

Besides, I don’t technically have schizophrenia. My psychiatrist says if she ever diagnoses me, it’d be “major depressive disorder with psychotic features”.

Mine says I have bipolar with psychosis. I think there’s some ■■■■■■■■ with these people’s labels. I hear ■■■■! Period. The ■■■■■■■ meds make me bipolar.

I’m sitting here reading all the responses to the fact that you’re feeling so down about life and I find them totally inspiring. There 'so such a powerful community here if incredibly caring people. I think that’s so awesome that those of us that were diagnosed with this some times debilitating disease take the the time out to cheer each other on through some very tough times. Bravo to all of u! Way to go! With some good support life is worth living. Crank some good music and escape that hopefully momentary pain.

4 Likes

I think the fight is hard but it’s more about finding harmony and balance internally when the world outside is constantly changing. I know schizophrenia is hereditary and its a real mental condition. It’s hard to see my mother suffering through psychosis daily with no medication yet as she lacks the insight to seek help and is not a criminal. The way some tie criminals with those who have a real hereditary psychosis are not helping people who need support. Medication helps get rid of symptoms and while it doesn’t cure us it can help with some burdens. There are people missing limbs or living in hospitals because they are so sick, luckily with schizophrenia you can still maintain a pretty good life.

1 Like

Hope for what?

Is “hope” a misleading and thoroughly delusional concept laid on us by some very cynical manipulators? (Ask any truly experienced Taoist or Buddhist.) (And one hardly ever encounters a “hopeful” – or “hopeless” – Buddhist or Taoist. Hope – one way or the other – simply doesn’t exist for them… because it doesn’t exist, period.)

Isn’t hope just an invention? Look around. See if there IS – in fact – such a thing as hope outside the mind of those who have been taught to believe in it.

It may sound “hateful” to disparage the idea of hope, but when I finally observed to notice to recognize to acknowledge to accept to own to appreciate to understand to get up out of the consensus trance (see below) about hope and a lot of other b------t The Authorities have been putting out for about 3000 years (to keep us stupidified and marching to the beat of their drums?), I… Got… Well.

The world is the way the world is. Hope is a state of belief in the world the way it is not. And that is the mental action that defines schizophrenia.

I was trapped in a mind full of ■■■■. Now I’m not. And I have not even thought about suicide for more than a few seconds since I shucked all the common cult-ural jive about ten years ago. (After having made two attempts serious enough to send me to the ICU twice in the preceding ten years.)

http://www.smccd.edu/accounts/larson/psyc390/Docs/Consensus%20Trance.pdf

Don’t let the negative emotions wear you down, keep your chin up and fight! i’ve been there myself , having schizophrenia makes you feel like that

The sooner we get to full and complete acceptance and regular awareness of that, the sooner we get to participate more fully in life on life’s terms. I wasted decades in “hope.” Now I have a life. You can, too.

DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing

SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/

I in no way can say I know exactly how you feel I can only say to you what I tell my son…I have diabetes I take medicine for it…it should be no different with a mental illness. I think people should not put such a stigma on any type of illness. If I dont take my meds I’ll get sick and the same applies to you. Please keep your head up stay well and stay focused…

1 Like