Cheated on my diet

I’m on a medically supervised diet which consists of about 800 calories a day, is low fat and low carb. I had 2 breadsticks just now. I’ve been on the diet for 5 weeks and I’ve lost 16 pounds. But today I was absolutely famished and wanted something to eat that was satisfying, I messed up but I finally feel full.

4 Likes

Good for you. A little cheat is okay, as long as you get back on the diet

3 Likes

It’s okay. Everyone has an off day. The trick is to keep at it. I recently started a 1200 calorie diet. Haven’t noticeably lost weight yet. I’m sure in a couple weeks I’ll see some progress.

2 Likes

Just 800 calories!? This is dangerous isn’t it?
You should be consuming more calories than this.

2 Likes

800 calories is starvation. You will actually lose weight faster at 1100 calories, since your body will not slow its metabolism to conserve energy at that point.

2 Likes

That’s true. If you starve yourself, you will not lose as much weight as you would think. Your body will store all your calories as a defense mechanism

1 Like

The fact that you’re only eating 800 calories is concerning. How long is this supposed to go on for ?!

2 Likes

800 calories is like ED level of restriction >_>

4 Likes

I had an off day today too. I just ate a third of a small jar of Jif peanut butter on celery sticks. Yummm!!! But, so high in calories. What was I thinking? I just won’t eat dinner. That was enough I think.

1 Like

I read it’s ok to have cheat days from time to time so your body doesn’t go full starvation mode.

2 Likes

A dr approved this diet after taking my blood, blood pressure and ekg

2 Likes

@everhopeful it’s for 32 weeks or when I hit my goal if it’s sooner than 32 weeks

1 Like

Geez. Ok I hope it goes well.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve lost 16 pounds in 5 weeks. They check my blood pressure and diet etc 3x /week. I tried a 1200 calorie diet and it didn’t work.

3 Likes

Congratulations on the weight loss. That’s a big achievement.

So long as they’re monitoring your health while it’s happening it sounds safer.

Congratulations @ZmaGal, that’s awesome.
As long as your being monitored medically.

1 Like

Congrats, I diet all the time, had to start eating more though was getting dizzy, hope it goes well for you

1 Like

cheat day here or there is fine. Just get back to it and no big deal. Don’t dwell on 1 day, think of all the successful day you’ve had so far and don’t beat yourself up about it.

2 Likes

@Wave they see me 3x/week so it’s ok. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mountainman I don’t feel dizzy. But I do feel a little tired. Today I felt famished. If I keep feeling that way i’ll tell them I need more food but until today I did fine

1 Like