I only eat once a day now

My appetite has disappeared since taking topamax and I’m losing some weight. I have a coffee with unsweetened creamer and maybe a strong cup of black tea in the afternoon and that’s it until about six or seven pm and then I clean up and get ready for bed.

1 Like

You should make sure that you’re getting enough calories a day. Too little calories can be dangerous.

It’s a 800 calorie meal most of the time I usually eat a salad and some of whatever I fixed for my boyfriend

1 Like

800 is quite low. See this thread where we were talking about it. Going that low should only be done under medical supervision.

1 Like

I have a really bad habit of eating only once a day. I try so hard to force myself to eat at least a little something for breakfast, but it’s so hard for me. Today my husband took me out for brunch and that’s all I will eat today.

1 Like

If I try to eat more I almost get sick.

1 Like

I usually eat once a day around 6 or 7 PM but it’s a big meal. Lately I’ve been waking up and eating a little something like a banana or some fruit but I usually feel pretty full for a good while and I’m in bed by 1 AM. I’ve lost about 20lbs after I switched my diet and can eat whatever I want that way and have been excercising as well which also keeps the weight down.

It wasn’t easy but eventually my mind and body got used to it and my energy levels are pretty stable throughout the day as well. I also drink apple cider vinegar first thing when I wake up which also keeps the hunger at bay until it’s time for me to really eat. I recommend it to everyone but most people can’t wrap there head around eating 1 meal a day because we have been fed this bull$h!t that we have to eat 3 meals a day which isn’t even that healthy.

Based on the information that I’ve come across this also promotes longevity and promotes autophagy. It gives your body a chance to reset the instead of constantly processing food all day long. You can go on YouTube and look up the benefits of OMAD (One meal a day) and you will see all the information for yourself. It’s very beneficial for your health. Good luck! I just thought I’d share my experience as well and hopefully it helps someone.

3 Likes

I also drink soda sometimes so that increases my calories.

2 Likes

I was a big once a day eater back when I was very obese, because that one meal was a buffet quite often. Now I’m a small meal 3 times a day guy and monitor my calories. That’s the best way to lose wieght I think.

lost 20 pounds eating once a day. now im 3 meals about 1500 calories. may gain a little.

1 Like

We have recently decided to start shutting down all mentions of extreme dieting, because we have been noticing an unsafe trend on the forum. Many folks are struggling with eating disorders, and they experience an increase in symptoms directly after these posts go up. Therefore, we have instituted a blanket policy of closing all extreme dieting threads.

If you or someone you love is suffering from an eating disorder, you can call the eating disorder hotline to find services in your area at 1-800-931-2237

You can also text NEDA to 741741 to receive support by text message

To chat online, go to https://chatserver.comm100.com/ChatWindow.aspx?siteId=144464&planId=467&visitType=1&byHref=1&partnerId=-1

4 Likes