Can i take 3 Antipsychotic together? Im afraid

So I take Vraylar, Xeplion injection, Seroquel XR together, I don’t feel much about vraylar maybe it activates a bit but I sleep from it when I take it.2 days ago. my question is can these be taken only temporarily or in the long time?

Follow whatever your doctor reccomends.

3 Likes

does anyone take 3 types of antipsychotics here?

I was on Geodon and just added Latuda and nervous. Working with prof on what to do next. I don’t like being on two.

As far as you are not concernerned or not feeling any major side effects worth stopping one of them, I say its good to go.

i think @Om_Sadasiva is on 3 APs. I myself am on 2 APs.

1 Like

Loxapine, olanzapine, and aripiprazole :+1:

I agree with @TheCanuk , do what your doctor recommends

Haldol, clozapine, chlorpromazine

2 Likes

Generally it’s not recommended because the side-effects can be unpredictable and the long-term effects are unknown. But if your doctor recommended it, it was probably for a good reason.

2 Likes

I used to take perphenizine seroquel and abilify together i didn’t have much side effects now I’m on abilify and haldol it’s been a lifesaver

2 Likes

Different people react differently to everything. Like @anon9798425 said, it isn’t a common thing. But sometimes, for some people, they experience fewer side effects on lower doses of multiple APs than on a higher dose of one AP. If you have concerns, you can always ask your pdoc why they prescribed your meds that way. They probably have a very good reason.

2 Likes

Here you have psychiatrists who are specialized in polypharmacology. But my pdoc likes to stick to one ap in high dosage.

3 Likes

Yeah my doctor is against using more than one AP on a patient.
But I see that it’s quite common.

Talk with your doctor about any concerns you may have

3 Likes

Im lonely and im 30 years old i cant do work becouse i dont wanna

I was on olanzapine and lurasidone for about 2 years as I was transitioning, I never had any problems.

Not quite 3, but I’ve heard of others on 3 APs before.

Your doctor probably has other patients on 3 as well. You’re not breaking new ground.

1 Like

I take two.

Caplyta and Navane, but my Navane dose is tiny.

Without the second one, I am too symptomatic.

I say follow what your doctor says.

2 Likes

I was on risperidone, latuda, and geodon at the same time for a while.

I’m now on only Zyprexa.

Follow your doctor. Give it some time to see how it goes.

2 Likes

I don’t take 3, but I take 2 (Seroquel & Latuda). If your pdoc thinks it’s OK for you to take 3 AP’s, you should be fine. But always let your pdoc know about any side effects. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do not fear It’s mostly harmless. I likewise use 3 antipsychotics.I have been on theme for 10 years.I take 500 mg. Clopixol every 3 weeks. 600 mg. Qutiapine by mouth and 160 mg. Ziprasidone by mouth. If I don’t take theme I end on the bottle go to jail or get evicted. I am safe on these If you are too you’d take theme for at least some years.

1 Like

I take it since then 5 days and its very effective for me anxiety and restlessness i take vraylar 1.5. My depressio is gone yet but my paranoia and hallucination not

1 Like