Bipolar and not sleeping

I think its more common for people with Bipolar disorder to be able not to sleep vs. schizophrenia. I was able to go for about four days without sleeping while unmedicated. When I am doing better I think I dont need meds, its also a symtom of bipolar disorder…I think my Bipolar gives me super-powers…because mania feels like a Gift its heightened energies and awareness…

I believed i was fighting a spiritual war other beings until I realized that I was fighting a spiritual war with myself. Something carl jung called the shadow…I would like to learn how to conquer it…but am scared to go much deeper…I didnt realize I needed sleep. I finally took the medication. Im exhausted even 24 hours later I still feel exhausted from all the manic thoughts I was having…

I could have an episode and no one would notice.

2 Likes

Thank God I’m medicated

My best friend is bipolar but she’s in denial and thinks no one can tell because it’s not real. But I see her mood changes and reckless behavior. It’s more noticeable than you think

3 Likes

Makes sense with mania.
Im SZ but suffer from insomnia.

2 Likes

Im medicated but Im struggling to take them. I am supposed to take 25mgs Topamax twice a day, 25mgs Hydroxizine 1x a day, 25mgs Eliquis 2x a day and Abilify 1x a day…

I have only been taking Abilify 1x a day and for a week I wasnt taking anything and not sleeping…Im debating whether I should go inpatient so that I can start taking medications regularly but am concerned about the covid outbreak.

Can you telephone your doc to about your med compliance difficulty?

I can try…its really hard to get any direct communication to him. My next appointment isn’t for a month. Its possible he will return a phone call though if I leave a message…

and I need to be here for my mom, she is in a wheelchair now. so I have to be here in case she needs me for making meals or something happens.

I used to have a sleep issue but I started light therapy like 2 years ago. It keeps my circadian rhythm regular. I still have tendency to oversleep though but atleast I can sleep.

2 Likes

@anon57496651
I hope you do get a hold of your doc. I only see my docs through telephone or video now.
But if you can, just cause you started the conversation: Take your meds right now to start.

1 Like

Last several weeks, I’ve been sleeping great. Nine to ten hours every night. But tonight, I’m not sleeping for some unknown reason. It’s now 3 am and no sleep yet.

I just took a 0.5 mg tab of Klonipin. I will soon take my am meds that include Geodon. Those will all knock me out.

2 Likes

I have sza disorder bi polar type. I have a serious sleep disorder. My ability to sleep comes and goes. I hate it, it’s debilitating. I can always sleep in the day. Sleep medicine sucks. I think I’m quitting my 2.5 mg zyprexa for sleep because I’m sleepy the next day. My mania is under control with Latuda. I once went 48 hours without sleep, was very positive and intellectually productive and did nothing inappropriate. I was simply excited about life and not bored a bit. I know though intellectually going without sleep that long can have dire consequences.

I have the same issue. Recent diagnosis I believe fits is bipolar with psychotic features. I am able to sleep a bit, but I constantly wake up in the middle of the night. It’s really frustrating. Im the past I was quite the opposite- oversleeping, I don’t know which is worse tbh

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.