Being under constant surveillance

It was too darn much work to keep turning microphones on and off, on and off. I gave up. It’s just the way things are now. Also, it’s kind of dumb to be using Facebook to keep in touch with family and then worry that your phone is listening to you after you’ve already posted what you’re doing that day online.

Welcome to the information age?

2 Likes

Guys, I don’t do anything illegal or bad, but I panic just by thinking someone watches or hears me

2 Likes

I used to have the feeling of being watched, I threw out everything I owned thinking it all had hidden cameras, now I could care less on meds who is watching

Can’t you integrate advertising in your channel?

Sure can, I even turn down people who want to advertise every so often (one was a sex toy company). I don’t have ads because it would wreck the mix. Who wants to get blasted with advertising spooge when they’re vibin’ to good tunes???

1 Like

…with alexa you have a choice…with stalking and schizophrenia that choice is gone…if people were ok with being spied on there would be no privacy laws or restraining orders…

I don’t feel constantly watched (except by God) but once when plumber came to do geyser work in attic I was scared he hid a camera there to spy on my husband and I and record us.

I feel watched in the way that when I make eye contact with people they can read my mind. But occasionally I feel in the eye in public especially when I’m hypomanic

1 Like

…I’m interested in celebs always asking the media to ‘respect their privacy’ and how devastating intrusion can be. I wonder what they would do if they had schizophrenia and constantly felt people were reading their minds… :laughing: :laughing:

…feeling watched is common in Schizophrenia…some even believe people can read their minds…if you feel watched and you’re not bothered by it, then something is wrong because people normally value privacy…e.g.:

‘As a family we ask that you give us privacy because our hearts are truly broken and we are struggling to cope with what has happened’

1 Like

…has anyone ever noticed that when you are less than pliant with the voices and things get heated, all of a sudden supermarkets, vendors and pharmacies start selling stuff at higher prices…people from a developing country will probably relate to this more…

…watched a movie about scientology yesterday…I was struck by the similarities between their techniques (including lots of filming and surveillance) and what schizophrenics experience…

yeah on the first psychosis I thought there were cameras in my office… and were looking for evidence

1 Like

I used to get this and I get it here and there nowadays. What really helps me is not focusing on the delusion and theme of the paranoia.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.