How do you deal with always being spied on?

I’m always being spied on when I’m out and it is really tiring me out and affecting my mood.

Does any of you feel this way? How do you cope with it? Does it get better after awhile?

I ignore it. There’s no point of obsessing over something I can’t control.

1 Like

So you just don’t care that they are spying on you even though you can see them spying on you?

yup…no point of obsessing. I do close my curtains at night so people don’t see in, but that’s about it.

you are sounding delusional to me, both of you…you should be open and honest with your psychiatrist and see if they can adjust your meds. it doesn’t have to be this way.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is spying on me now :wink: But previous comment is how I got over it.

Glad that they stop spying on you.

Was it hard at first to ignore them? any tips?

At first yes…I used to try to catch them on camera, but I spent many useless hours on this task. I never resulted in anything. I just tried to not think about it. It’s hard but the more I stopped focusing on that and the more I focused on other things in my life the easier it got. The key point that broke me out of it was realizing my powerlessness in what other people are doing. I have to accept that other people may or may not spy, but in the end it’s none of my business.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s the aliens, or the government etc.
There’s nothing I can do.
I give the middle finger to the cameras

1 Like

I worry that someone put cameras in my home to watch me. I feel like I have to act a certain way so as not to draw suspicion. I’ve been doing a lot better lately, but I don’t understand what made a difference for me. I’m sorry I can’t be more useful.

Don’t have personal experience of paranoia or delusion anyway I think the best way to deal with any obsession whether its anxiety, OCD, delusion is to bring to mind the fact that its not practical to live with such weird obsessions, delusions etc and since nothing can be done regarding it, ignore it or put off that thought soon after get it. Even if not able to put off that thought no problem. Next way is to live with that delusion, voice etc let it play there just like birds making sound, vehicle sound etc simply not pay attention to it and focus on more important things in life.

Antipsychotic, antidepressant, benzodiazepines etc helps to numb your mind so that you no longer able to process such thoughts but it carry several side effects like memory problems, sexual problems etc. Anyway better way to deal and also the permanent fix is always the above said strategy.

I deal with it by asking questions (of my voices). I engage and ask them straight out - “what do you want from me?”, “what are you here for?”, “why are you spying on me?”, “what do you hope to learn?”. Then I faithfully record their answers (along with the questions).

I used to think i was on camera all the time and it was live on the internet, I spent days trying to find the site. meds help take that away

Simple Answer - If i get that paranoid crap in my head - I Up my meds. Problem Solved.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.