Being cursed with the truth

I feel like I am cursed with the ability to see the world as it is. People make up all kind of things and in the end their version of the world is like a platonic universe or holy text that they keep reiterating, telling themselves that is how the world is so that they never really see reality, only the insides of their own minds. And they call me crazy… Does anyone else in here feel the same way?

1 Like

i would find it bizzare to see outside of your own mind. if that were possible then i could controll you telepathecally?

man if you’ve successfully wrapped your head around the universe and society and human individuals… kudos…

don’t underestimate it though. It’ll surprise you.

Let go of the vague resent of being different and holding people to some expectation you might start to see how amazing they are. (if you do that in the first place).

The world does like prophets or preachers or shamans… 80% have subscribed to some bs doctrine or another which defines the world for them. They have every right to do so… if anyone in particular irks you with bad theological pushy behavior… I wouldn’t guilt you for ruffling there feathers with a logical rant on the non-existence of gods…

but to challenge the way of life of the masses for no reason at all aside from your sense of not belonging… I’d just suggest you put that effort into finding good friends to curb that loneliness…

all that said… I totally relate to where you are coming from.

let the transcendence into a collective begin!!! I’m totally down…

Of course I don’t understand any and everything, but I think you seem to know what I mean. And I don’t dislike people for being that way, actually I kind of wish I could be a bit more like that.

Take, for example; concepts of meaning. What makes something meaningful? People act like the law is meaningful, or philosophy, that there is inherent good or evil. It makes it all so simple, but I just can’t. That’s why I am saying it is a curse.

I used to care so much about logic and knowledge but in the end I am trapped because to get in to the clubhouse of the common people you have to buy into their mythology. And I don’t really do rants, because I don’t want to tell other people what to think. I just wish either that I was more like other people or that there were more people like me.

1 Like

Hey, what would you be, if you abandoned all references of meaning? A cat?

Ah yeah man… it just sounds like you’re an athiest… look for more athiests… my self-developed-in-loneliness perspective on the world was harsh as ■■■■ and really inconsiderate of other people… It wasn’t until I started talking to some individuals who were more or less athiests that I started to learn the morality of being considerate and not disdainful of simpler people…

She basically told me the exact stuff you mentioned in your posts there…

anyways I’m an athiest… my resentment of people and my inherent loneliness is getting easier at this point…

anycase… I’m most always down to chat… We do seem similar if you need a friend.

I think you misunderstand me :wink:

more like a chimp I’d think… I’d live by the river so I could poo freely and be able to wash myself

I am indeed an atheist but I think there is more to it than that, I come from a place where a lot of people are atheists. I have never even met one of those fabled american creationist people, although I would think it would be funny to go to one of their museums.

I don’t mind chatting with you at all :slight_smile:

I think one of the things that kind of sets me apart is that I actually don’t think humans are bad at all. I think the practice of dividing stuff up into good or bad is a very human way of thinking and does not fit reality. What you see as good or bad is entirely a matter of perspective and almost noone is ever motivated by evil.

Is there a chat function on this forum?

no sir… no chat function… if you have a google account we can chat via hangouts… every other chat client is rather off putting to me.

On the note of the athiesm thing… Some of my friends absolutely don’t give a ■■■■ about spirituality and waste no time on thinking about religion or morality… most natural human they can be given the environment…

However there are two people who’ve I’ve discussed life philosophy at length with and they’ve both expressed similar sentiments… them being my only sampling of the demographic of “thinking athiests” I assumed it was something that everyone in that school of thought eventually comes around to… what’s it called though… Moral relativism…

sure, what’s your email?

I think what you are talking about is nihilism but you can argue “moral relativity” in many different ways so I may be wrong

welll moral relativism is saying that the severity of “badness” of one action is relative to the circumstances…

it’s not ok to kill… but if its in self defense or protection of someone else… then the rules change a bit.

Moral nihilism is a depressing and disgusting outlook to me… There is no god… nothing matters… it’s the outlook of sociopaths who do very evil things.

1 Like

sorry I was still trying to figure out how to find you! What was it I would have to search for again?

The world is filled with people that can lie and steal, kill and make everyone else miserable because they follow their own baser instincts.
Then there are people filled with love and peace. You hope they can get together and avoid the bad ones.

But I believe there is a God in the universe that will make everything right in the end and its demons that temp people to do the bad stuff.

None of that god stuff please…

1 Like