Before your Schizophrenia started, what was your ultimate joy in life?

My ultimate one…
hmm …
I never really had one…
I was too busy fighting to stay alive when i was a child , young adult, and as adult.
My biological family tried to ( really ) find ways to kill me.
Something I still today dont understand why.

Designing houses for the design firm I used to work for…camping at bluegrass festivals…

1 Like

Playing guitar, used to be much better at it than I am now

1 Like

Poetry, writing and reading

1 Like

Terrain flight in a 24,000 pound helicopter.

2 Likes

Music has always been my joy, my solace, and my best friend. To this day.

2 Likes

I loved running and making my parents proud through my grades and sports

2 Likes

I’m going to shock everyone. Before my schizophrenia got really bad, my ultimate joy in life was getting into bar fights during hockey games.

Now, my ultimate joy is teaching my kid something new, amd watching him light up when he understands.

4 Likes

To each their own @Ninjastar , I almost said tripping balls and doing intense things but figured going with guitar was a safer bet.

To be honest it’s probably a combination - tripping balls and playing guitar ha.

3 Likes

Painting and astronomy

2 Likes

Being in an honest, trusting, loving relationship with a good woman

3 Likes

Loved gaming. Unfortunately depression and easily fatigued has caused my gaming to become very casual.

I think everyone cuts back with age, but I’ve cut back from what I’d typically do, given my age.

1 Like

I can definitely relate to you my childhood ended when I was 4 and due to my sexual abuse trauma I can barely remember any of the good times of my childhood at the moment I am trying to heal little by little too and trying o live life without my voices getting in the way.

Skateboarding and music, but I still hold on to music now as well

1 Like

Its always been music for me. I still enjoy movies, books and video games, but music never left me during the times I couldn’t enjoy the other 3. Before I got sick I used to be more into sports, but now I don’t give as much of a shite.

fast cars. the Band, and chasing women. oh yea fighting of demons. just call me a freak of nature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.