Australians!

For all those Aussies registered, or who are thinking of registering with the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) you are now able to get Lite N Easy meals subsidised and delivered to your home for approximately $40.00 a week. I also get transport costs at $67.00 a fortnight paid into my bank account. Hopefully I will lose some weight on the Lite n Easy meals.

To qualify for NDIS you need to have permanent disability. I qualified with Schizophrenia.

5 Likes

I’m not an Aussie, but I think that’s really cool! Good luck with the meals.

3 Likes

Can you tell something more about the Light n easy meals? A pic?

2 Likes

Thank you @Blossom. I think I am pretty fortunate to have this as part of my funding.

1 Like
1 Like

I wish they had that in Belgium. Sounds like an easy way to eat healthy. Lucky you!

1 Like

Ok, but when I go to the website do I have to read it in my mind in an Australian accent?

1 Like

NDIS is a brilliant scheme. I also have funding for 6 hours support a week. The only problem is that this scheme will probably send the country broke.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Aussie economy can bear it. Disabled people everywhere, And I don’t see any country going broke.

1 Like

I’ve a friend who has Aspergers and he’s just got like a cleaning person for two hours a week as well as other things. I’d be interested in those lite and easy meals as that is a crazy good deal and ap’s make everyone gain weight it seems.

2 Likes

You would be amazed at what you are entitled to @rogueone. Gardeners, gym memberships, support workers. They even paid for my laptop.

It all depends on your level of disability and requires your GP to complete the NDIS forms. It may be worth raising it with your Doctor and Psychiatrist.

The Lite n Easy is such a god send. I don’t feel guilty as the medications we take are notorious for weight gain and I am suffering greatly.

2 Likes

Great news sarah, i wish i was australian

My great grandparent had Australian friends

1 Like

1 Like

I am a New Zealander by birth, but came to this great country at the age of 15. Initially I was so angry at my parents for moving us but consider myself fortunate these days.

It’s Australia Day today.

1 Like

Happy birthday then :relieved:!!

You must like it there if you decided to stay

1 Like

I lived back in NZ from 2007 until 2011. 2011 was when I started to get sick with anxiety and depression so decided to come back to Oz. Lucky I did as my depression turned into a Schizophrenia diagnosis.

I doubt my treatment plan would have been so good in NZ.

1 Like

Yes lucky :upside_down_face: are you stable now?

1 Like

I heard good things about nz also

1 Like

I am good thank you @anon28864342 . NZ is a beautiful country. Many people gain entry to Australia by immigrating to NZ first (easier to get into NZ).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.