Are you sometimes afraid to be yourself

Yea, functional is nice :slight_smile:

Idk I wasn’t really looking for answers but one day I came across this term and I was like omg there is a name for what I have!

But it’s true, no doctor has ever diagnosed me I could easily be off the mark, or mine is not a severe enough version or something.

2 Likes

I know i have mixed episodes of psychosis and dpdr quite often.

1 Like

That sucks man, I’m sorry to hear that.

I hope you have coping mechanisms.

the whole diagnosing thing can be kind of a work in progress, cuz if your symptom profile changes then they can change what they originally diagnosed you with.
its like science, working towards a more accurate and true solution

1 Like

My coping isnt good. I guess its amazing in some ways that im able to live alone and still care for my essentials, but part of me is sane i suppose.

1 Like

Maybe what I have is just anxiety. I guess that simplifies it :laughing:

I will ask them out of curiosity about depersonalisation anyways.

1 Like

Anxiety can cause many symptoms. but psychosis is definitely separate from that.

1 Like

It’s great that we have this forum isn’t it. I think it kind of helps us all cope a bit.

Just cos we see that we are not alone in this mental health condition and this side effects.

3 Likes

Yeah, im sure its helped me a great deal. Maybe more than ive realized. Its nice to feel in common with others and have friends.

1 Like

Still making me laugh, Monte. I needed that. :hugs:

2 Likes

LOL :joy: Awwww. And I needed a hug, so thank you. :hugs:

2 Likes

Here’s one more, Monte… :hugs:

2 Likes

I am afraid of my psychotic self because I was violent with knives and injured someone with a knife.

2 Likes

I’m afraid of my past psychotic self. I effing tried to kill myself. That’s effing tragic.

Fortunately, the voices told me to stop taking more pills before it was too late.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.