Are you mildly psychotic

Are you mildly psychotic all the time? Or do you go back to normal after? I mean do you think you have a firm grasp on reality or is it kind of up to interpretation depending on your mood? Do you have to concentrate to stay in this reality and not float away? You know - no reason - just curious how that goes for you all.

3 Likes

It’s up to my mood. This stretch since coming home Monday has me manic. Slightly manic. No bad or strong delusional thinking right now, though.

3 Likes

I think I’m only mildly psychotic while under treatment. I’m very fortunate. Although I have to deal with constant fatigue and low energy from the meds.

But at least I’m not a looney toon like before.

5 Likes

idk i might be theres no way i can tell

2 Likes

ikr, how can you tell? I mean usually you get through a psychotic break and look back on it and say “oh yea, that was weird” for what you can remember of it. But if you’re mildly psychotic all the time how would you know? What would be your tell?

3 Likes

When the psychosis changes you can look back at the old one and go “OHHHHH”

3 Likes

And you know how when you’re psychotic you have big pieces of your memory missing )well I do anyway) if your mildly psychotic would that then mess with your memory? It stands to reason it would.

1 Like

Sz/sza messes with memory anyway.

Now you have me wondering if I’m psychotic 24/7

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry I don’t mean to worry you. If we are surviving I guess that says something, I just worry too much I guess. Don’t let it get to you.

2 Likes

When I am mildly psychotic, I has no doubt in delusion whther it is truly happening or not.
When I am moderatly psychotic, the doubt get bigger, and feel suffered from the stimulus.
When I am psychotic, I believe it is happening.
I’m aware of I’m mildly psychotic becuase I estimate the possibility of delusion very low.
I’m not sure this is helpful, but for me I think it is.

1 Like

Not really too worried. I usually know when I’m psychotic. Knowing it and being able to stop it are different things though.

1 Like

I was just in the hospital and the doctor there said she suspected I was always mildly psychotic. I was too shocked to ask why and now I’m paranoid about it. It keeps playing over in my head and I’m worrying about it and obsessing over it.

That’s something that would have most of us wondering or obsessing.

1 Like

Yea, I guess you’re right. But you know I don’t think she knows enough about me to make that assessment and I think I’m worrying unnecessarily. So I’m going to stop, if I can. So if it’s true, which I really doubt, I’m surviving it and that’s what matters.

1 Like

For more psychotic people, they are not aware of their state.
You are consistently having doubt and suffer from it,
but you have meta-cognition that helps you observe yourself and your state objectively like you said you feel like you’re being paranoid. I don’t know maybe that is why she said you’re mildly psychotic?

1 Like

That’s a good way to look at it.

1 Like

my psychotic episodes, i can detect afterwards.
but i feel stable after.
now that i’m in treatment, and i’m paying attention to my surroundings, i can hear them from time to time without going full-blown.
i’d like to think of it that i’m mildly psychotic.

1 Like

Okay, okay so mildly is actually a good thing in that context

Oh I know what got me thinking about this in the first place. If I still have voices and I’m supposedly still mildly psychotic what the hell am I taking a ap for? It seems like I need a different med altogether.

i think so!
cause i’m not giving in to the commands but i am listening to them.
my therapist likes to say
1.) observe (your voices)
2.) describe (what they’re trying to tell you)
3.) participate
4.) non-judgementally (don’t judge yourself for having voices)
5.) one mindfully (one thing at a time)
6.) effectiveness (how can you be effective at this moment?)
following these steps will create momentum in your head. hear those voices. acknowledge them. but don’t give in fully.
you get me?

1 Like