Are you a tree hugger?

In the 1800s in India there was a king (I don’t remember his name) who needed a bunch of trees to build his palace so he sent his army to a well populated forest where a people called the Bishnois lived. These people loved the trees so when the army came to cut down the trees the Bishnois hugged the trees. The army ended up massacring those people to get to the trees. True story.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t get slaughtered for a tree but I have been called a tree hugger.

5 Likes

Hugging a tree would get sap on my good jacket. Also? I like a good backyard fire to roast weenies over.

3 Likes

I’d hug a tree , but I am allergic to them. Trees help make most of our oxygen so we desperately need them especially Fern trees / Pine trees. they produce the most oxygen.

1 Like
  • a i would hug a tree
  • b i think trees are nice
  • c hell no what are you thinking.

0 voters

2 Likes

Yeah. The Bishnois worshipped the trees. Part of their religion. I just didn’t put that in there.

1 Like

It’s ok to mention religion that way. It was a historical post, not preaching.

4 Likes

I think it was Kit Carson who was a scout for the U.S. army. He lived among the Navaho Indians, and they accepted him like one of their own. A couple of times he came back with the U.S. army and burned down Navaho villages. The Navaho Indians still accepted him back into their tribe, but when he came back with soldiers again he burnt down some sacred trees that the Navaho revered. They never forgave him for that.

Not to get political, but I’m hella left wing. So yeah, if you called me a tree hugging hippie you wouldn’t be too far off :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s funny how the term “tree hugger” has become derogatory coming from some people. Who doesn’t love nature?

4 Likes

I blame capitalism :wink:

1 Like

I blame ignorance.

3 Likes

I like trees, but I love flowers. Unfortunately you can’t hug a flower.

Last year I sowed a mix of flowers called “Bee bombs.”

You put the seeds in the ground in spring, lots of water, two months later there is a bomb of flowers, bees, and butterflies.

3 Likes

I just sowed a bunch of shade loving flowers on my front yard. One side is shaded and not ever grass grows. I hope the flowers do.

4 Likes

I’m a hippie. Straight up.

I start wearing my sandals when the temp goes up to 40*f.

I have an awesome Grateful Dead blanket.

I just have that direction of thinking

2 Likes

Good luck. Mentha flowers of all sorts (peppermint etc) have beautiful flowers and can grow in the shade.

This is a picture of when i went “mad” in flowers.

6 Likes

Oh wow :star_struck:. That’s lovely

2 Likes

Our ex-governor in California was called a tree hugger. It was not meant as a compliment. HIs nickname was “moon man”. He ran for president back in the eighties when he was going out with Linda Ronstadt.

4 Likes

My boy friend’s back and you’re going to be in trouble . Hey La di la my boyfriend’s back.

1 Like

Linda Rhodnsat can’t sing any more.
She has parkinsons. disease…

1 Like