APs that don’t cause weight gain

I am on an older med “prolixin” generic fluphenazine…I’ve recently lost 40 pounds on it…good luck…

5 Likes

Geodon, Latuda or Abilify may be an option. They have been linked with weight gain although typically less marked than Zyprexa, Seroquel or Clozaril. Great question. Weight gain is an important issue and preventing it can be a challenge.

1 Like

Hi There,
Latuda seems to be a good med hat is weight neutral.
succes.
kid regards
dm

1 Like

When I was a teen on Perhenazine I reached the lightest weight I’ve been since being anywhere near physical maturity. I was doing pretty good that one summer.

I don’t think Rexulti usually causes weight gain. It’s what I’m on now. But it’s very expensive.

1 Like

I think Latuda is far by the only AP that causes minimal weight gain

2 Likes

I have heard the older ones don’t cause as much weight gain. Unfortunately you get td.

1 Like

I gained a lot of weight on Latuda; so it depends on the person.
I’m also on Clozaril and gained less weight than with Latuda.

3 Likes

ive lost 13 pounds on rexulti so far !

2 Likes

This is like a once in a blue moon type of situation. I’ve never heard of this before.

1 Like

I’m adding a vote for Geodon. I also take Seroquel, but I don’t really feel anything from it. Some people find Seroquel too sedating, though. When they put me on Abilify I actually got an increase in physical strength from it, which is strange for an antipsychotic. You might try working with antidepressants. They might help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.