Anyone know what kind of snake this is

Found it in my backyard. My wife wants to know. I don’t think it was poisonous.

3 Likes

My brother in law said it’s a rat snake.

1 Like

I get scared of snakes lol

1 Like

How did you kill it?

I also get scared of bees and wasps, insects, etc lol

omg thats look huge. I wouldnt mess with it. call someone.

1 Like

I didn’t kill it. I scooped it up with the net for the pool and dumped it in the lake behind the house. Meant to put it on my pier but I missed. It went in the water. I guess it can swim.

Most snakes can swim. It’ll probably be fine. You actually want those, king snakes, and black snakes around your house. They’ll keep away mice, rats, and copper heads

2 Likes

My dogs freak out around them and one of them is allergic. She bit the head off a water snake. A tiny one and she started foaming at the mouth. We had to bring her to the vet. They kept her all day.

Living on a lake we get lots of snakes.

1 Like

Anything brown or dark over here is pretty well indicating poison. We have some really poisonous snakes and something like a Brown snake can be a lot of variations of brown. Not much fun if they are poisonous.

2 Likes

Iew, that would be scary to me. I never saw a snake in my country. We dont really have dangerous animals here (or real big nature, unfortunately…just cultivated areas, like a small forest). If people see a single wolf here it is on the national frontpages and news. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.