Anyone here who is clean and sober?

Hey guys, as above, i have been clean and sober for 26 years since i got schizophrenia, i dont miss the drinking and smoking at all, thoughts?

10 Likes

Congratulations on the sobriety ! I’ve been sober for 7 years.

6 Likes

31 years. No drugs, no booze. Don’t miss them at all either.
Congrats on 26 years.

6 Likes

I’ve been clean for 2 months. I don’t drink. I’m pretty happy but I think about it a lot.

7 Likes

Thanks guys, well done to you both for sobriety!

3 Likes

I never drank or smoke all my life schizophrenia or not

5 Likes

fair play steffifan

1 Like

Thx :blush:

@seanieireland

I’m wicked clean and sober, and I even finally got off nicotine.

I don’t regret a life lived without booze or drugs. I was about eleven years sober when I stopped lying all the time. Not lying all the time gives me a better shot at being intimate with others.

5 Likes

About 3 months sober, possibly more. Longest so far for the likes of me.

I will have the odd beer, but its of the 0.2% variety. And thats not often.

Developed a terrible sweet tooth tho.

5 Likes

I take too many meds to drink alcohol can’t smoke due to lung problems but as far as clean goes have you read what these meds do

3 Likes

When i drank on the Seraquol - the sedative effects were 10x stronger. I used to fall into bed cos it would hit me so hard.

Certainley not good for my liver. Its nice not to wake up with a hangover every morning and dry heaving. I almost got used to it.

4 Likes

I haven’t had any alcohol for 18 days

5 Likes

Cheers, mate. 29 years clean and sober over here. No booze, drugs, or cigs since Feb 11, 1992.

5 Likes

Doesn’t matter. The AA program says that meds prescribed by doctors are okay. It’s when you self-medicate with stuff not prescribed by a doctor, that is considered using/abusing.

2 Likes

I have never smoked, and I really don’t drink. Maybe once every 6 months or more.

2 Likes

I’ve been clean for 6 years, and while I still drink, it’s barely once a month, and I no longer do it to self-medicate or “numb the pain”

4 Likes

I have been sober for 15 years, and I never really was into drugs

3 Likes

I’ve been off the cigs for over 10yrs now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve never done drugs except prescribed drugs. But I’ve been addicted to food and that’s difficult.

1 Like