Is anyone here in recovery?

I have almost six months clean and sober. May 1st 2020 is my clean date. What are some resources and coping skills you use? I have been feeling really good since being clean–but these past three days were hard for some reason. I still have dreams about it–and I think medication will help with that also getting in a new routine. Next year I plan to enroll in in a few classes. Right now it’s just a matter of waiting for things to get in line and remaining stable.

7 Likes

Over 28 years clean and sober from booze, weed, cigs, and various and sundry other illicit substances. My sobriety date is Feb 15, 1992. I’m a longtime AA member, still attend a couple meetings a week via Zoom because pandemic.

I’m also SZ and med-compliant. Lead a mostly normal life with wife, kid, and work. Let me know if I can help.

6 Likes

Congratulations on the clean and sober times :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been sober for 5 months, since 05/22/2020. Things have gotten better since I switched to Abilify, and my anxiety and mood swings went away. These were triggering me to drink. I also go to AA.

4 Likes

Been clean and sober since January of 1990, thanks to AA, CA, and NA. A big help in my early recovery was staying away from people, places and things that had anything to do with alcohol or drugs. That meant I do not hang around people who drink or use, I do not go anywhere where drugs are being used or where drinking is going on. There are exceptions such as I will go in restaurants that have a bar in them but I won’t get anything from the bar. I’ll go to a wedding where alcohol is served and a few other exceptions. But I don’t go in bars or clubs anymore.

I smoked crack for four years and did my share of drinking but once I finally got serious about stopping because it was wrecking my life and affecting my family, I started talking AA, CA and NA serious. And once I got serious, the craving, obsession and cumpulsion to use was lifted from me early on and I never feel like drinking and doing drugs anymore and I don’t miss them at all.

5 Likes

I’m sober for 6 years now. Congratulations on your sobriety. Keep going! You’re doing something right obviously so keep doing it.

3 Likes

Congratulations that’s great. Big accomplishment.
I just quit to support someone else quiting. Never drank much anyhow. Just to take edge off being ‘social’ when my hubby is social. Sometimes made me manic

2 Likes

I’ve been sober since January. It’s easy for me to stay sober because I’m stable on my meds and I feel good so I don’t feel like I need to drink.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.