Anyone here 2mg risperidone?

Hi next month i will be reduced to 50mg monthly shot paliperidone which is equal to 2mg risperidone daily.is anyone on same dose?how is feel.

im on 4.5mg risperidone been stable on it …taking it frm the last 7 years…dnt knw abt paliperidone but risperidone is a good med

1 Like

I was on either 1 or 2 mg can’t remember. It elevated my prolactin levels dangerously high. I gained 20 lbs. I lost the ability to orgasm. It mildly impacted my attention span, not anywhere near as bad as Abilify though. Was very effective in managing my symptoms. That’s about it.

2 Likes

I’m on 2mg risperidone per day. It has been great for me. In the beginning I had to sleep a lot but I’m used to it now. It has raised my prolactin levels as well and they tried switching me to latuda for that reason but that didn’t work for me because it made me suicidal. I prefer the risperidone. I wish you luck with it. I think it’s a good anti-psychotic. I haven’t gained weight in the 6 months I’ve been on it (I’ve actually lost some).

2 Likes

i’m on 2 mg risperidone too. it’s a good med but i cant compare it to anything else cos it’s the only one i’ve been on. after reducing the dose from 4 to 2mg i was able to lose 5kg/ 10 lbs.

2 Likes

Started on 4mg was to potent lowered to 2mg after a few months was better but sexual issues had to discontinue the drug.

I’m on 3, tapering down to 2. Working on it. It’s good so far.

I am currently on 3mg of Risperidone.
I don’t like this dose so much, it’s too sedating.
I much prefer to be on the lower doses of 2.5mg or better yet 2mg.

My psychiatrist feels that I need to be on 3mg as a precaution since my recent Hospitalizations.

I can’t wait to go on the lower doses.

1 Like

I take 3mg risperidone also. It has taken care of the positive symptoms quite well in that the strange way I was thinking a couple/few months ago has cleared up. I guess it’s a good dose for me but it completely killed my libido and has some negatives like dulled mood and poor focus, lack of interest in things.

1 Like

I had to get off resperidone because it was causing me to lactate. I know tmi, but apparently it is really common.

I am on 2mg Risperidone daily. I take it before bed because it makes me calm. My prescribing doctor and I are looking into taking the monthly injection of Paliperidone. Has anyone switched from Risperidone daily to monthly Paliperidone? Can you tell me anything about your experience?

I take 1mg every night of risperidone. I use to take 2mg. I am less sedated than I was on 2mg and less ‘puffy’. I have not had any psychotic episodes in the last 11 months on it. However, I was on a low dose when I had my episodes (2 mg). They temporarily upped it to 4mg and I couldn’t handle the side effects so I am back on a low dose. So far, so good. My main symptom, which is a chronic delusion hasn’t gone away, though. It’s been there since day one, a year and a half ago. My main goal is to get rid of the paranoia and psychosis.

I suppose it is working OK. I am not sure if the lack of episodes is ‘me’ or the meds since I had episodes on a low dose.

is anyone bad at cognitive on 2 mg risperidone.i m on 6mg paliperidone which is equal to 3mg risperidone and i feel my frefrontal cortecs is really slow and dumb.i can t remember my healthy prefrontal cortecs condition because i m using drug since long time.my libido also bad at 6mg paliperidone.is anyone libido’s improved at 2mg risperidone?

I’m on 3 mg paliperidone( Invega) and will be also on 6 mg soon, in 1 or 2 weeks. I also want to say that i dont feel too good, i feel tired all the day, i take in the morning this med.

Shift the med time to night. This should fix the tiredness problem.

1 Like

I am on 2 mg risperidone and I still have low libido. Going down 4 mg to 2 mg didn’t help in recovering libido much.

1 Like

Hi akkash do u still work…are u married…!!

Hello,

Yes, I still work full-time. I am not married, and it is quite likely that I won’t be in near future.

1 Like