Anyone experience anxiety on abilify?

Feeling more anxious than normal on abilify have periods of intense anxiety, which never had any anxiety on risperidone, does this go away. Been on 5mg for nearly a month now

1 Like

I was in 90mg abilify and it caused disturbance in sleeping

wow I thought 30mg was the max, they had you on triple the recommended dose it seems, sleep is fine no complaints there

I started abilify two months ago and it hasn’t affected my anxiety levels. I do get anxious. However I got anxious before I even started it.

I’m on 400mg injection once per month.

It seems that meds stopped working and we were increasing the doses constantly

Is that the maximum dose? How you finding abilify? Is it working?

I see how that can happen, some pdocs will try anything to keep a patient stable, luckily I respond to meds well

1 Like

Well done. Meds just stop working, in my case.

have you tried supplements interested to know if they would work

I don’t believe in supplements. Only in APs

I think it’s the maximum dose for injection I’m not 100% sure. I found paliperidone a better medication but I had to come off it due to prolactin.

I’m having some strange beliefs. But if I were to talk about them the thread will probably be locked.

How long does it take for ability to start working?

I’ve read it takes 1-2 weeks

Yes abilify is very activating. My paranoia actually worsened on abilify. I’m stable on clozapine now

1 Like

My anxiety skyrocketed on 15mg of Abilify and my akathisia was super bad on it as well. Ultimately I stopped taking it and switched to something else.

1 Like

I was a mess on Abilify and it gave me tardive dyskinesia but I take Rexulti with good results, go figure.

It brought down my anxiety so some of my anxiety must have been related to other symptoms. I still have it bad but better with Abilify.

It’s so strange there seems to be a tendancy of it either working pretty good or pretty bad like there’s not much in between

2 Likes

I was on 30mg and it made me a nervous wreck and I had to come off it

I’m on 15mg and it’s anxiety city.

I take the following supplements to keep anxiety manageable:

L-theanine (750mg / day in divided doses)
Beta Alanine (750mg/day)
Broccoli sprout extract
Taurine (500mg a day)

It’s either taking those supplements or taking a benzo. Niether myself nor my psychiatrist want me on a benzo.

Abilify gave me severe anxiety and it also made me very paranoid.
I had to stop taking it.

This was years ago.