Anyone can conpare Haloperidol with Invega?

Hi, its two meds ive been on for a long time (Invega 5yrs and Haloperidol currently 1+years). I was able to work on Invega, but it stopped working and relapsed heavily on it. Also on Invega I had morning anxiety and found much more drowsing than haloperidol. Alao Invega made my ocd worse to some extent. I also had retrograde ejcaulations on Invega, however I was still horny and didnt have any other sexual side effects. I massively gained weight on Invega, like 40kgs in 4 months, I was able to lose some, just when I stopped going to the gym, the weight returned. I find haloperidol more weighr neutral, its just hard to say as my I am fat and my weight has already plateued on Invega

I’m on Invega Sustenna and it was one of the first meds I tried. I got the first two shots in October 2015 I think then I got taken off it because my insurance wouldn’t cover it. I tried Haldol but it made my mouth and tongue move and made me drool on myself. I went back on Invega Sustenna in 2019 in the summer I think and I’ve been stable ever since.

1 Like

You have all those side effects effects I’d on Risperidon. They all resolved when I got put on an old antipsychotic’s.

1 Like

I’m was lucky not gaining any weight on invega then