Anybody love music as a coping mechanism?

I love to listen to live rock n roll to help me with my symptoms. Major escapism mechanism for me. Especially love to dance to it. How about u?

12 Likes

I like to listen to 80’s heavy metal and rock music. I also like foo fighters and linkin park. They help me deal with anger issues and manic symptoms.

1 Like

Some time it helps…

2 Likes

Music sets my caged soul free, if only for a moment.

4 Likes

Trying to rely on it less and less. I used to be obsessed with it.

1 Like

I’ve gotten bored with music. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Not sure where I’d be in life without it… It’s a big lifeline for me

3 Likes

Yes. I listen to about every genre with the exception of rap and country. Take care :v:

1 Like

Used to have music on all the time, now I just gets on my nerves most of the time

1 Like

Music keeps my brain occupied and feeds it happiness :smiley:

3 Likes

i was obsessed with music but after i went to the hospital i find my self that i prefer silence.

I have music on at all times while driving (and I drive a lot), and pretty much all the time when I’m at home, love it, especially metal though I do like some hard rock. I love concerts, even if I do get slightly paranoid with even the small crowds I encounter at the small venues I go to. I’m not sure I could handle a big arena concert, though I would like to see Five Finger Death Punch live one of these days, and they play the big venues. Kinda hard to dance to metal, though not impossible; I’m not one to dance, anyway, didn’t even dance at my own wedding reception. You certainly can mosh to metal, but I’m not into that, getting to be too old for it with too much back problems anyway.

1 Like

Yeah I like music, though my liking of it is complicated. I used to love a song with a good story in it, but now stories make my mind feel so broken trying to put together the information and emotions. It sucks. I have a longing for those songs with good stories, but I gotta aim for songs that have less of that or no lyrics. And many times I have to stop after one or just a few songs.

Music and me go way back. I used to play in the orchestra through high school and I’ve always played guitar and banjo since my early teens…once you are a musician you tend to lean on music through out your life. I listen to music and don’t watch t v except for movies.

3 Likes

I’m just opposite music can cause me to have delusions.

I am in desperate need for some world music.

especially world perccusion

1 Like

I always listen to music, during short breaks, with tea or coffee, to stay alert; then I fall asleep to it, to drown out the sort of faint voices, in my head. I largely breathe the gift of music, even sing, myself. (lucky no one has to hear my singing sometimes) I listen to all kinds of music.

1 Like

Music helps me soooo much. Wherever I go I got my headphones with me

2 Likes

I love Industrial Music and sometimes it sounds like I feel. I make my own Industrial Music. Plus it helped desensitize for when I would hear noises that come from odd places or don’t make sense. Or monstrous voices.
My hallucinations really can’t sound scarier than Industrial Music.

2 Likes

I was just talking to my co-person about how industrial music had a calming, cauterizing effect on me when I was having a mixed state. It really shuts down an overwhelmed emotional state fast.

2 Likes