Anybody else on Clozaril?

I take Clozaril and it works wonders for my symptoms but the side effects and bloodwork monthly aren’t fun. ive gained about 60 lbs because of this med and it makes me feel shitty about myself. I kinda just wanted to rant a bit, anyone else on Clozaril?

2 Likes

Clozaril did not go well. I’m glad clozaril is helping you.

2 Likes

Whats clozaril For?.

(EDIT)

In Particular For You Personally… . … :100:

Ive been on clozaril for about 7 months,
It’s the best AP so far when it comes to symptoms,
I’ve gained probably 80 pounds in that 7 months though, sucky side effect.
I also deal with severe sedation type feeling from it, something I have to work through,
But overall it’s helped me take a step back, helps keep me regulated.

2 Likes

I’ve been on Clozapine for well over a year now. It has worked wonders for me. I get next to no side effects (bit of hypersalivation during the night). It does suck that it can cause weight gain, but i’ve managed to stem the flow with Metformin.

3 Likes

I’m stable on clozapine since 7 years.

I fast every afternoon - only water, no tea or coffee. I follow a semi vegan diet and low carb diet, I have stopped all kinds of sugar and dairy. It helps. Initially i gained alot of weight due to sugar cravings. Then it went away - now I just crave food in general. I have lost 20 kg so far by still being on clozapine. I stopped waking up middle of the nigh to eat food.

I started lexapro recently and now im waking up middle of the night to eat food like rat. But i eat cheese slices instead and go back to sleep.

2 Likes

Clozapine really works for me.
No weight gain at all. On the contrary, I lose kgs every month the psychiatrist sees me and weighs me

1 Like

My schizophrenia symptoms

Yeah the sedation and weight gain is a killer, I hate it. But it really does help a lot as well

1 Like

My weight is high as ever and I don’t usually eat more than one meal and a snack before I go to bed

1 Like

I take 500mg of Clozapine daily and it works well for me. :zebra::zebra::zebra:

1 Like

Same here I don’t even eat that much and ive gained so much weight I hate it

Im on 400 mg at night makes me pass right out but I drool like crazy. It works incredibly well though

1 Like

Ask your doctor for Atropine Sulfate drops. They are basically eye drops. But you put a few drops on your tongue before bed and it really helps the drooling. :frog::frog::frog:

1 Like

My psychiatrist prescribed me Cogentin for the drooling plus other side effects but it doesn’t work too good

1 Like

I have been on clozaril for about 10 years, it has worked very well for me, a real game changer, , side effects include increased apppetite, drooling at night, tiredness and blood work every 4 week, overall though it has worked wonders, it is the best ap i have ever been on!

1 Like

Its the best one ive been on as well

The side effects were so bad I had to quit clozaril. I’m glad it’s working for y’all.

1 Like

Im sorry to hear, if you don’t mind me asking what med did you switch to?

I went back to perphenazine which I feel is working. I still have a little problem here and there.

1 Like