Anybody else have nihilistic delusions?

I have had this constant nagging belief that nothing matters at all, that my life is pointless and hopeless and I should exist.
Sometimes I believe I don’t exist at all anyway.
I don’t think I’m depressed all the time but I feel this all the time now.
I want nothing and no one.
How do you deal with it?

I have felt like this before, although I don’t recall it progressing all the way into a delusion. Try to remember that, though nothing you do may matter in the distant future, everything you do matters to someone right here, right now. You may see your own acts as insignificant, but to someone else, those acts may mean the world.

3 Likes

Its hard for me to tell when it becomes delusional or not. It’s frustrating because I’ve been going up on my medication (seroquel) and it helps for like a week maybe and then the symptoms slowly creep back in, including feeling dead or in a simulation of some sort. But the not caring about life is persistent. I miss how I was even a few months ago

Ah, yes. That happened with me. The med would work for awhile, and then the minute I got stressed about anything, it’s like the med just pooped out on me. That hasn’t happened yet with seroquel. Hopefully things stay that way… What meds have you tried? Do you think you may be able to switch to a different one? All meds work differently for different people. Just keep trying. You’ll find a med that helps eventually.

1 Like

I haven’t tried anything else yet. Seroquel really worked for me for a couple years but I think I wasn’t on a high enough dose since I was misdiagnosed before and my sza got worse. I’m so afraid to switch medications. Mostly the withdrawals from seroquel are awful lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.