Any supplements for mania or lots of supplements actually worsen mania?

Any supplements for mania or lots of supplements actually worsen mania?

There is Lithium Orotate but its illegal in Canada. Its sold in the US and isn’t illegal there

Niacin….-515151

2 Likes

I take a multivitamin that has that.

Yeah I understand that…

I like it in higher potent dose personally.

1 Like

Where did you read that Niacin is good for mania?

I found this it says it caused mania in high doses.

I mean I did a quick research to this article

2 Likes

I use it to stabilize my mood… I have big mood swings and psychotic feelings at times.

Not specifically for mania perse, but people with SZA and bipolar take it…

2 Likes

Honestly I am only diagnosed with SZ not bipolar or SZA but sometimes I feel hyper. Is this normal? Maybe I took too much nicotine I think, since a few days I have been vaping 50mg nicotine.

Hmm Its hard to tell you exactly if nicotine is culprit. But I’ve read some where that nicotine increases heart rate that could in return increase dopamine…

But based on my personal experience, that “ high” is temporary and short lived. I stopped nicotine for a few days, but I have much more energy to contradict it in a way… but just my experience.

To me, these mood swings feel more like destructive crazy elevated mood and a euphoric feelings that I can maybe do what ever the hell I want kindda high… lol but i feel like I might do something reaaaly stupid so I take niacin lol

But I do feel hyper too… but for that I blame caffeine and working out… but not completely sure :confused:

1 Like

Too much of it makes me manic. I use it for the niacin flush. My circulation sucks and niacin gives you a temporary boost as it causes capillaries to expand. Haven’t noticed it being useful for SZ really, but have found too much makes me flaky.

My cardiologist told me to stop. Hoser.

3 Likes

Too much caffeine can do that. Its a stimulant just like nicotine.

1 Like

Careful with the niacin. I took 3 to 5 grams of niacin everyday for several years when I was into the dr.hoffer stuff. then one day I was just puking up bile everytime I tried even a small amount. So I don’t take it anymore.

2 Likes

I took Niacin once when I wanted to beat a drug test back in my early 20’s. It’s suppose to clear your body of evidence of marijuana use.

1 Like

Yeah true, taking too much of it makes me wheezy in the stomach

1 Like

Really? If I take too much, it sorta zonks me out.

1 Like

Yeah… but I get rather a mental mood up lift slightly when taking nicotine… but body groggy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.