Any reasons to quit caffeine?

I want to quit caffeine, any your personal reasons or benefits been achieved by it?

2 Likes

For me caffeine is like a two sided coin. I love the caffeine because it wakes me up but at the same time it exacerbates my gi symptoms.

3 Likes

I’m addicted to coffee. I crave it. I have quit coffee before and got a headache. I prefer a life with coffee. It’s not that unhealthy.

3 Likes

Yeah but I have anxiety and sleep problems

2 Likes

I usually never drink more than 1 cup a day. That’s more than enough for me. Right now I only drink about twice a week because I have a ulcer. Coffee is the worst if you have ulcer.

I quit caffeine. It wa making me worse and I didn’t realize it. The withdrawals were worse than I expected! I had pains in my legs for a while.

I love caffeine. no problems for me

2 Likes

I quit it before for 8 months , figured that was enough time.

I get more benefits taking it than not.

Reasons to quit

Fresher breath
Less anxiety if you prone to anxiety.
Save money

Thats all i can think of

I’m a much calmer guy than I used to be because at some point caffeine caused a delayed anger episode.

Im in the process of quitting due to caffeine intolerance now i feel less anxious and my sleep is getting better

1 Like

Good News for Coffee Lovers: Daily Coffee May Benefit the Heart - American College of Cardiology.

1 Like

I quit coffee because i got another stimulant. In my experience a good stimulant is key. I’d take anphetamines but they are big dopamine serotonine agonists and that may affect positives and if you take ADs they are actually a risk for serotonine syndrome which is fatal. Anyways, a good stimulant is great against negatives.

I’m addicted to caffeine and in remission for many years. I’m better off without it.

Yeah, they are probably talking like having one single or double espresso a day but not three energy drinks or 5 coffees a day

1 Like

Same here. I have drank a LOT of coffee for a long time. The doctor was telling me my stomach was bleeding, so I switched to caffeine pills.

1 Like

When I drink coffee i tend to over do it. Its an overdose or nothing for me. Better nothing then

2 Likes

I have a couple of caffinated coffees a day. If I don’t, I get a headache. It’s not a bad enough reason for me to give it up though.

1 Like

I would drink two cups of iced coffee every day. I got major anxiety-spells of speeded up thinking. Also, I could not fall asleep! I stopped the coffee a while ago. Now, very little anxiety. I sleep like a log!

1 Like

I’ve cut back on coffee unintentionally. Just don’t feel like drinking as much. Granted I’ve been to the point of drinking coffee basically all day. I think 2 cups a day is a good goal and doable and agreeable with my wants. It’s occurred to me that I haven’t gone any significant amount of time since the age of 18(17years ago) without drinking coffee. So I can’t really comment on what it’s like without coffee.

What stimulant do you take?