Any Eckhart Tolle fans here?

If so, what’s a quote from him that you like?

2 Likes

I’m reading one of his books right now, and I stumbled across this: “There is the situation or the fact, and here are my thoughts about it. Instead of making up stories, stay with the facts.”

2 Likes

I have read a couple of his books.

It was difficult for me to read though.

1 Like

Do you mean like thick? I didn’t understand it all at first, but by practicing meditation, rereading it, and looking at his writing from a different perspective, I can understand most of it now. It helps to read it like it’s a different language/to ask yourself, “What could he be trying to say here, given what I understand of his teaching?”

4 Likes

“There are no random events.”

1 Like

" being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness"

1 Like

I’ve wanted to since finding out about him but haven’t. So far my poetry is Rumi and related people.

2 Likes

I know who he is but never wanted to further investigate. I´m a big fan of Alan Watts tho…

What could you tell me to create interest towards Eckhart Tolle?

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard he’s alright. He references A Course in Miracles a lot, which was a HUGE part of my delusions. Be careful with spirituality. Things can get messy with that stuff. These days I only mess with Michael Singer, Adyashanti, and Thich Nhat Hanh because they don’t make me delusional. Definitely check them out if you can. I post Michael Singer talks on here a lot because nobody has cut through my delusions like that guy has. Good luck in your journey, though. Hope you find what you’re looking for.

4 Likes

He’s pretty much as close to being enlightened as anyone alive today-a buddha of our time.

3 Likes

I also saw him on YouTube holding a speech and he had a very friendly vibe about him.

I bought and read two books with him then I gave one of the books to my mum as a Christmas present.
I’m giving her the other book this Christmas along with a few other books.

2 Likes

Thich Nhat Hanh Was a vegan Buddhist.

I saw him on YouTube yesterday and intend on buying one of his books.

I follow him too and Louise hay and some others.

2 Likes

I like Thich Nhat Hanh, too. I like his book “You are Here.”

2 Likes

“Acknowledging the good thats already in your life is the foundation for all abundance”

4 Likes

I have one of his books, although I haven’t read it yet.

2 Likes

“People believe themselves to be dependent on what happens for their happiness, that is to say, dependent on form. They don’t realize that what happens is the most unstable thing in the universe. It changes constantly. They look upon the present moment as either marred by something that has happened and shouldn’t have or as deficient because of something that has not happened but should have. And so they miss the deeper perfection that is inherent in life itself, a perfection that is always already here, that lies beyond what is happening or not happening, beyond form.[…]The joy of Being, which is the only true happiness, cannot come to you through any form, possession, achievement, person, or event—through anything that happens. That joy cannot come to you—ever.”

-Eckhart Tolle

1 Like

I did like his book The Power of Now.

It was a fun read.

:grinning:

2 Likes

I like Practicing the Power of Now, Stillness Speaks, and Oneness with All Life most.

1 Like

Ive read a new earth by him a few times and have a copy of oneness woth all life to go along with it. I really got into his stuff for a while there. I think some of what he says is pretty brilliant. Looks like he wont be writing another one any time soon though which sucks.
I tried a couple other similar authors like him but didnt really like them any where near as much. Like deepak chopra and the like.

2 Likes

I havent read the power of now though. Do you think its worth reading even though i have already read a new earth which came later?

1 Like