Answering the voices

I’ve noticed I answer my voices automatically. I whisper. It is something I noticed yesterday at work. It is annoying, I try to ignore the voices but still I talk back to them. Anyone else who also does it? Or how do I stop? I don’t want to look like a freak whispering to myself at work.

4 Likes

I talk back to the voices. I usually say the same thing. “No, I will not die today.” I speak to them in my head not aloud. I don’t want to draw attention to myself so I never have answered them where somebody could hear me.

1 Like

It is supposed that,hearing the linguistic voices during the period time of
waking is the essential feature of the case so-called schizophrenia
-hearing the phonetic messages internally and during the time of waking
and during the time of behavioral activities is the main problematic for
any schizophrenic individual,because the hearing voices process
causing the main disorder in mental functions automatically,which
in turn causing a disorder in movement activity and sensation
-that is to say,the hearing of voices is the onset of mental
disorder which in turn causing a disorder in the present behavioral activities

1 Like

I try not to answer them. I try because I don’t want to mess with my head. If i do it is silently.

1 Like

I respond in my head or when no one else is around I’ll talk aloud. I wouldn’t worry about it to much unless its a real problem, like if you were distracting others. Most people talk to themselves.

2 Likes

Yeah, i talk to them sometimes, but im not talking to myself at all.

For instance, “what do you want?”, they say “for you to kill yourself.”

or

“Who are you?”, they say “satan.”

1 Like

You were wrote" I try not to answer them " !
-this behavior can not make up any modification to the content of the received voice message

if the voice message have been occurred,you should give quick respond between
1-2 seconds,and if you ignore to do that,you will suffer from the phenomena that
so-called false believes,delusions and illusions

To understand the point
we can divide the hearing process into two basic divisions:
1-the first ,is the process of indoctrination,wherever the individual receive
the voice message within his mental attendance “the vibrant consciousness condition”
(it is occurs automatically without the intervention of the well of the individual )

2-the process of repeating the content of the voice message,which immediately followed
by printing the information of the V.M in the personal memory in the brain
(this process is needs to activity of the self-well of the individual to achieve )

you wrote “I try not to answer them”
this means that,you re-peat the V.M (voice message} implicitly without changing its words
-you should make intervention during the process of repeating to prevent the process
of printing
-you should give quick response during the time of repeating process untle you can
be able to prevent the printing of the V.M content in your personal memory

-if you ignore to give response:
there is a conversion of auditory indoctrination process to a process of self-reflection
Converting audible words into a personal idea

As if you think and produce a personal idea,which in itself is the bad content
of the voice message that you heard to
{ you feel that you become the thinker of the voice message although you hear it }

I answer the voices usually in a whisper but if I am having a bad attack I yell sometimes at them

1 Like

I used to do the talking back, answering, yelling, all it ever did was escalate the voices and drive the real people away.
I had to sort of “put them on hold” dadit dit dit…busy signal.
We’re sorry, no one is available to take your call, please try again later…
I set aside a specific time to have a meeting later when no one was around, made coffee for them all, a simple snack, I waited, and just like an entity-they never showed up.
I got real good at putting them off.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your answers. It feels good that I’m not alone with this.
I have yelled at my voices once. I was drunk at that time. I don’t drink anymore. Have been sober for 3 years.

1 Like

I try not to respond anymore. Not that I hear them as much these days. Back when I was sick I would have in depth conversations with a particular voice. He always wanted to do horrible things and always told me to let go.

You wrote" but Im not talking to myself at all"
this statement is the actual reality of the schizophrenic process

but the question
why do intelligent schizophrenic individuals have absolute perception
with that,the voices which generated inside them minds are not a symptoms
of disease and does not created by action of their well or their minds ?

why intelligent schizophrenic individual have absolute perception with that,
he does not hears the voice of his mind and does not talking with himself ?

Maybe get a text application for your phone (like “Whatsapp?”

and start to get in the habit of responding to the voices via text.

Would that work?

1 Like

I respond to my voices aloud at home. But out in public I whisper. I know this is strange but if I’m in the car I act like I am talking on the phone.

That reminds me - you could buy a phone headset (or earbuds) and keep them on your head - connected to your phone - so that if you do talk, it looks like you’re having a conversation.

6 Likes

The way you talking about,it is successful adaptation, specially for a new schizophrenic
individual that have not enough experience {from one month to one year
-it is working when the individual alone in his house,not when he in his work or drive a car…etc,he blames him self because he loses his attention toward the events which occurs
in the actual world around him

BUT,let me say that,the correct responding to the voice messages,is the way to disrupt the path of the voice message during its movement in the mental attendance,specially through
the process of repeating the content of the voice message
{the repeating stage is occurs during the exhalation process and causing the printing
of the informational content of the voice message in the memory of the brain }

the correct responding is the way to cut off a context of the bilateral dialogue ,thus the individual can do any action to prevent himself from the mutual dialogue with the phonetic entities,because the informational content of the voice messages are false ,deceptive and illusive at all

we know many ways to responding to the voice message without do any single mistake,but,basically,the matter is not about giving someone advice “do this or do not do that”

the matter is about what you need to know about the nature of the voice source, the mechanism of bilateral communication,and countermeasures you should take

1 Like

Do they ask any skill testing questions, and if so, do you have to say " Final answer" afterwards?

Plus…are there any prizes?

In other words, is answering the “voices” ever helpful or informative in a beneficial way ?

2 Likes

I mostly just reply ‘we’ to what they say. Sometimes I challenge them bc they say they’re ppl I know. Like try to see if they’re real and stuff…

sometimes i talk to them out loud , sometimes in my head.
if no one can hear you ’ whispering ’ i don’t think it matters.
normal people talk to them selves.
take care

3 Likes

I think that is hard when voices come to me at work. I have no phone I can text in. Only my work phone. I answer without thinking. Now I have a guy with me who is learning the job. He is nice. I don’t think he has noticed. I told him I usually talk out loud to remember what I’m doing. Voices are asking stuff like “what are you doing?” “How many keys do you have?” Nothing mean or evil. But they make me unsure and think I have forgotten something.

1 Like