Another scam call

I received a call from another country on my phone today. I didn’t answer it but I live in the US. This call came evidently from Italy. I blocked it

6 Likes

I receive about 2 to 4 a month on my cell. They always say “Scam Likely” as the caller.

We receive several a day on our landline.

2 Likes

I have gotten a couple myself.They are usually from abroad. Now I don’t pick up the phone if they are calling from abroad. That’s the easiest way to deal with them effectively.

1 Like

They almost never call me anymore. I used to just answer “hellohellohello” then wait , then say “what???, hellohellohello” until they gave up lol.

Or id snort and clear my throat till they hang up.

Once i had a fun one pretending i was a southern texan arguing with my wife and kids while insisting i buy there latest and greatest television set :grin:

5 Likes

Speaking of scams, I don’t know what service that I use that gave out my email address but I have just been flooded with spam nonsense from people claiming to be other business in my email lately. Home depot, CVS, Amazon…it’s ridiculous. They are obvious though, they always say that I have won something.

2 Likes

You can set a good spam filter for your emails for that stuff

2 Likes

Yeah, I have a spam filter but it does not seem to be catching them for some reason…

3 Likes

In Gmail, you can ‘report spam’. Very useful.

3 Likes

We get a few a day on the house phone. Mostly car insurance scams.

I’ve gotten a few on my cell.

I remember this one time I received over 100 calls back to back from a pre recorded machine asking for my social security number to claim a trip to Jamaica. Whatever they did filled my voicemail. Thank goodness for mute and the ability to block numbers.

Fun times.

2 Likes

Once I asked the scam call person, How did you get my number, and she says from our database, I was like what database :rofl: its a private number. I just disconnected the call.

Edit: One more thing we should never share any number in a store as well, I don’t know why they ask numbers. they say for rewards never go to such store. It should be stopped. But people easily share the number. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Oh yeah I’ve seen that before. “Amazon” has contacted me informing me of a package I never ordered was due to be delivered.

1 Like

Next time someone calls say in a southern drawl accent “you have a very nice voice can i take you on a date? How about I take you out for chicken waaaangs. Then we can go rastle up some cattle over at my ranch here”
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

LOL!

“You sound like you got a set of purty lips.”

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hahah “what side of the bed you wake up in the morning maam just i know what night table to put the orange juice on”

2 Likes
5 Likes

I wish we got to see the full phone call. How funny @Loke

1 Like

Posted this before but look here :smiley:

3 Likes

Maybe play this to the scammers lol

5 Likes

Thanks for the link @Naarai

2 Likes